Guild coordination & troop movement

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
GeneralZaphod
Lancer

Guild coordination & troop movement

Postby GeneralZaphod » Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Several things:

1. I don't understand why we only have 15 mins to cancel an attack. Logically speaking in the real world, you would have had the amount of time it take to send a scout from the origin city to the army. If the army moves 3 times slower than the scout, you would be able to travel up to 3/4 of the way to the destination before it is too late.
2. I don't understand why if we take a city again with an extra scholar why it takes the city again. This is also true with fellow guild members. The other day me and a guild mate attacked the same city. I lost 5 scholars. WTF? Makes zero sense. My army would get there and say "oh, it is already taken by our brothers", and turn around and head home. To me, this is a no brainer.
3. Have an indication on the map of when my guild mate is attacking a city. This way I can know not to attack it. Huge help in guild coordination!
4. Allies: I am SICK of kakao talk. We must fix this so we can stop using that! I suggest an inter-guild forum. Any crown could start a forum. It is a general forum that the crown can add entire guilds to. It would then be visible under the guild menu. Problem solved!
5. I mentioned game speedup and caching in another thread, but would mention it here. At the sacrifice of rare instances of a client and server being out of sync, caching play choice and sending them to the server in the background would greatly speed up the game. As it stands, managing more than 30 cities becomes a huge effort in a world, mainly because it is too slow to load. Also are you all using full HTTP packets with no compression? I suggest compressing down all the data so you can speed up the transfer.
6. Reports: there is little concept of reports in the game. It is hard to manage a large empire without them. A report to indicate the status of all my cities, my armies on the move, and other stuff that would be good to know about the whole empire would be good. Simply said, the game is not handling large empires at all well. People get discouraged quickly and quit.
7. Not to keep whipping a dead horse, but you live in a world of 99 cent apps. People actually think before they spend 99 cents. 2.50 for a very minor speed up is ludicrous. 10 cents is more in line with the apple model. Everyone would pay then. Screw those who have bought the expensive packs (or give them extra). Does apple care that you bought an iPhone4 before the 4S came out? Nope.

That's all for today.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Thu May 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Scouts aren't messengers.

The scholars don't take the city, the citizens do. Smart talk makes em feel bad. Stop making then riot and kill the current leader.

The moderates have mentioned that communication features are still in progress.

Many other in-app purchases don't require scaling severs, technical support, research and development, etc.

GeneralZaphod
Lancer

Postby GeneralZaphod » Fri May 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Tooltip wrote:Scouts aren't messengers.

The scholars don't take the city, the citizens do. Smart talk makes em feel bad. Stop making then riot and kill the current leader.

The moderates have mentioned that communication features are still in progress.

Many other in-app purchases don't require scaling severs, technical support, research and development, etc.

Ok, so realism isn't important. Whatever.

ModeraTORS, not moderates.

Point being, if you made it AFFORDABLE, people would pay IN MASS. That is why people charge 99 cents for an app NOT 50 bucks.

Tritix
Lancer

Postby Tritix » Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Amen brother

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”