Game structure

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Game structure

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 am

Would like to suggest a bit of an idea on the way TBS worlds might work better.

It would take a pretty big overhaul again I guess.. But IMO it would probably work a bit better.

So here it is.
Worlds are open to join for a maximum of x days (2-3?). When one closes for new players, the next opens. This would keep players to a relatively close level in terms opportunity in any given world.

Now to counteract the massive amount of "winners" going straight into a guild world -
Each world has a set amount of campaign points depending on number of players inside it. Something kind of equation could be worked out as to exactly how many points each player would receive from not just winning, but also participating in the world. (Total points, KSA, KSD etc?) bonus for being the winners.

To enter a "guild world" it would cost xxx points, which would need to be accumulated by playing multiple worlds.

Guild worlds could then be scheduled to run monthly/bimonthly with a SET time. If a player decides to take part in that guild world, they know exactly what and when they are signing up for. Potential to cancel their sign up up to 2 days prior - or similar. Also a participants list may be made available within a week before begin.

Anyway.. Cheers for reading the thoughts. No idea if it'll get anywhere but figured i mays well put it out there.

See yas round. ;)
┏( -_-)┛..::LtFarrk::..┗(-_- )┓

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 am

Dear god its like a personal ranking system! This could go way beyond titles and could actually show the true skill level of a player.
Its a great idea and id like to explain how the point system could work.

okay so we would start off with 1600 points(according to the elo system)
we would gain 3 points for taking a city from someone with less points that us and 5 from someone with more points.
lose 3 for losing a city to someone with higher point 5 for someone with less.
It would basically transfer points.
+1 point for taking a neutral barb
+2 for taking another players barb
-2 for losing a barb
having the neutral barb lower it would increase the incentive to steal barbs from others.

for every 50k ksa/ksd +1 point
this would have to be adjusted for some worlds like legacy

winning a world + 10 points
losing a world -3 points

for the point system to engage you would have to reach 1,200 points this way you could still go into a world to just watch or see whos in it ect.

THEN! you could have elo based worlds (like fark said) you could have a world of 1600-1800 elo players and a 1800-2000 elo world and so on. This would match players up based on their skill level!

This could be how you enter into a lone wolf world! that would be pretty sweet!

you could also have medals for the different tiers.
0-800(awful)
801-1200(still bad)
1201-1500(below avg)
1501-1700(avg)
1701-2000(decent)
2001-2400(good)
2401-3000(awsome)
3001-3200(PRO)
3200 is point system cap :)

PLEASE let me know what you all think about this I might make my own thread if you give some good reviews.

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 am

mason... i think you're secretly a teen genius... fark had the original idea but you laid it out in a very manageable system and it WOULD make it known who the real top dogs of valor are. only issue i see is when people start getting up there they are going to be bigger targets than us GMs and the lions. lol, cant fight that people get mad when they see our smexy red titles, meh i like the attention, bring it on valorians and fall like many before you, at the hands of Benfrom300 > :D
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 pm

I try :) ill type up a copy tomorrow when I get home. Would be a cool feature.

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:37 am

Dieformason wrote:I try :) ill type up a copy tomorrow when I get home. Would be a cool feature.

i shall eagerly await the arrival of this.
Guts and Glory Founder

Game name: Achil1es

Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

SirBlazeALot420
Knight

Postby SirBlazeALot420 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:51 pm

What happened to this idea? I like it! Just to curve the ability to cheat the system buy capping you 20 alts the points should deduct from loosing player and when they have 0 points you get none. That is kinda on the same lines as my title idea. Gaining +1 attack or defense on some titles and higher title requirement to start a guild or crown. That way you can't open 10 guilds at the start of a world with alts

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”