A "new" way to cheat?

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
MyName999
Scholar

A "new" way to cheat?

Postby MyName999 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:20 am

Valorians,

I've been informed about something strange happening. Look at this guild:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103[/ATTACH] / [ATTACH=CONFIG]104[/ATTACH]

And then look at his evolution:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105[/ATTACH] / [ATTACH=CONFIG]106[/ATTACH]

Searching about an explaination on how this thing could happen, I've been informed that few players already admited before to have the possibility to clone one of their city developpement into several other accounts, and being able to control everything on their devices (told to be iPhones and/or iPads).
Some informed Quark about this, as I personnaly did. We didn't saw any reaction, nor had any answer. Not that I'm anxious! No, the quiet silence of Quark persuade me that they already knew the problem. I'm sure that they already studied the informations, and I'm sure they already have a solution. I'm sure they're on the way solving everything, and I'm sure they've legion of unicorns that will fly to tickle the cheater's butts!
As I'm sure of each these things, I just wanted to warn you, players... As you'll meet this, you'll have to react rightfully. But think that what seems to be a gadget now, in order to have multiple cities that will maybe be consolidated to the master account then, as lots are already doing with their alts, and that the present gived advantage can be discussed for long, can quickly change and update in a close future.

Think what could be done if this "application" evolve, as it sometimes happens with devoloppers not employed at Quarks, having in mind these presents precise facts:
- chaos is back in Legacy worlds
- negative scholars exploit isn't fixed
And imagine that the App could be coupled and bound to another one, BattlePlanner style...

So players, before the attack of the unicorns, I formely ask you to react, when seeing such thing in a world you play... React diplomatically not accepting allying with these guilds, or react not accepting such players in your guild, or react in any wise way in order not to give more ease to the ones that cheats.

Regards.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 am

That's a good way to handle cloners and such.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:05 am

no cloner is ever going to beat a legit guild of the same number of players. its just not going to happen. i dont care how good they are they cant play 25 accounts by themself the same way 25 players can play together. and while quark IS aware of this issue(ive reported narutosub for cloning in the past) it is nigh impossible for them to track it (what i was told by pwnlaw when i reported it to him on kakao) sadly, until they can stop it we will have to share the same battlefield as these players that cant play legitimately, its as much a part of the game now as spies are.

want to know how i handle cloners? bring players with you that you trust so the cloners cant get accounts in your guild. clones mean nothing if you have to build them all yourself and plan to fight the world alone with 25 accounts. they are only really useful as spies. so dont let them in and kill the guild thats full of them, valorians, UNITE!
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Benfrom300 wrote:no cloner is ever going to beat a legit guild of the same number of players. its just not going to happen. i dont care how good they are they cant play 25 accounts by themself the same way 25 players can play together. and while quark IS aware of this issue(ive reported narutosub for cloning in the past) it is nigh impossible for them to track it (what i was told by pwnlaw when i reported it to him on kakao) sadly, until they can stop it we will have to share the same battlefield as these players that cant play legitimately, its as much a part of the game now as spies are.

want to know how i handle cloners? bring players with you that you trust so the cloners cant get accounts in your guild. clones mean nothing if you have to build them all yourself and plan to fight the world alone with 25 accounts. they are only really useful as spies. so dont let them in and kill the guild thats full of them, valorians, UNITE!

Interesting, we can discuss this for long...

Fact is that today it's a gadget, but tomorrow, imagine an alliance of dozens of cloners, each having 25 clones serving him... Do you think you're skilled enough to handle 25 coordinated attackers? imagine you've to fight against 250 accounts, managed by 10 players... Or imagine you've to fight against 10 players that grew 10x faster than you did because they cloned and bound the acounts by invading empty cities, taking advantage of the negative scholar exploit...

This is not what's going on today, but if a tool exist to manage clones, it can evolve to manage it in a more efficient way!!!

But I'm confident, as you already talked to Quark about this before, the unicorns will come sooner than I though...
I'm just asking myself how the cloner could have continued, as this behavior is explicitally punished by ban in Valors rules

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:38 pm

To my knowledge it is only against their rules if you spread it to make profit(i could be wrong). However, cloning proves you have broken apples ToS, by jail breaking your phone to allow it to be possible. and quark knows your apple ID. Very easy for them to report it to apple and it be dealt with on their level.

You asked if I could beat 10 players that control 250 accounts. The answer I'd have to give to that is: if it were done on such a scale, I have faith that quark would step in, thats a full 1/4 of a 1k, that wouldnt go unnoticed. if they did not, I would die standing for what I believe in: honor. If my enemy has no honor and no skill to face me and defeat me on even ground, he has lost in my eyes regardless of the outcome.

besides, then i will make a list of the accounts and make sure they are hunted until they quit. ive had to hunt a few players down in valor, most went into hiding under new names, the others we made quit. i dont take kindly to spies and foul play and i personally love dealing with spies, its fun, especially when they act like they are innocent when you have proof :P
Guts and Glory Founder

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

I think this violate this rule:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107[/ATTACH]

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:23 pm

MyName999 wrote:I think this violate this rule:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107[/ATTACH]

yes but like i said, that says nothing about cloning sadly. technically cloning isnt against their rules. what naruto is doing is though, and he should be banned finally once and for all i reported him almost 2 years ago and hes still at large.
Guts and Glory Founder

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 am

At least we do agree; if Quark don't ban him, we player will ban him from an interesting game, in refusing him in our guilds, rejecting his alliances offers and conquering his cities!!! :-D

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”