A personal rating system

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Dieformason

A personal rating system

Postby Dieformason » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:20 am

Okay so before we begin i'd like to thank 'thatvalorplayer' or ltfark whatever his current ign is, for sparking this idea of mine!

okay so we would start off with 1600 points(according to the elo system)
we would gain 3 points for taking a city from someone with less points that us and 5 from someone with more points.
lose 3 for losing a city to someone with higher point 5 for someone with less.
It would basically transfer points.
+1 point for taking a neutral barb
+2 for taking another players barb
-2 for losing a barb
having the neutral barb lower it would increase the incentive to steal barbs from others.

for every 50k ksa/ksd +1 point
this would have to be adjusted for some worlds like legacy I believe.
winning a world + 10 points
losing a world -5 points

for the point system to engage you would have to reach 1,200 points this way you could still go into a world to just watch or see whos in it ect.

THEN! you could have elo based worlds (like fark said, based on skill) you could have a world of 1600-1800 elo players and a 1800-2000 elo world and so on. This would match players up based on their skill level!

This could be how you enter into a lone wolf world! that would be pretty sweet! Just have 50 players of the same skill level fight it out! A new idea for toc maybe? ;D

you could also have medals for the different tiers.
0-800(awful)
801-1200(still bad)
1201-1500(below avg)
1501-1700(avg)
1701-2000(decent)
2001-2400(good)
2401-3000(awsome)
3001-3200(PRO)
3200 is point system cap :)

of course the point system can be varied and points might need to be added for other things that i cant think of at the moment.

PLEASE let me know what you all think and if you have any ways to make this better.
If you aint first, you're last

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:45 am

Looks good, except for the KSA/KSD. My KST is 84 million on my current world. 50k for each point would be more appropriate.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

MidevilMonk
Knight

Postby MidevilMonk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

LordFirefall wrote:Looks good, except for the KSA/KSD. My KST is 84 million on my current world. 50k for each point would be more appropriate.

I think that these worlds would run in series, such as a week or two and then reset, with only your score being updated. This then allows you to move up/down the tiered system and being "matched" with the correct opponents. I would hope that you would not be able to get that in a week or two.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:12 am

The plan, as presented, appeared to apply to all worlds. I wouldn't be in favor of it applying only to select worlds.

MidevilMonk
Knight

Postby MidevilMonk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 am

LordFirefall wrote:The plan, as presented, appeared to apply to all worlds. I wouldn't be in favor of it applying only to select worlds.

I would be fine with that as long as we had the option to hide our score like our medals. I do not need people knowing how bad I am at this game.

The thing that I find really interesting about this is those large guilds/coalitions will have a lot more drama at the end of the worlds as the people that don't make the final cut would lose cities & points to close out worlds.

The thing that I think might be an issue with the KSA/KSD in this situation is you can have a guild that basically has won a world, but refuses to close it and just gets huge amounts of KSA/KSD by attacking each other without trying to cap each other. Without making it to complex, I wonder if this would be better off being some sort of calculation based off of how many player points are in a world compared to the attacker's points and the defender's points. I would like to see smaller players get more points by surviving attacks from larger players as apposed to larger players just hammering on small players until they get bored and decide to cap the player out.

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Interesting point on how they can attack each other for points, I didn't think about that ill have to edit the post to fix that. Also to whoever thought it was Kst it's actually 1 point for getting 50k ksd or ksa not a point per 50k kst

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Dieformason wrote:Interesting point on how they can attack each other for points, I didn't think about that ill have to edit the post to fix that. Also to whoever thought it was Kst it's actually 1 point for getting 50k ksd or ksa not a point per 50k kst

Which is it, KSD or KSA? I said KST, because I assumed in your example you were counting both.

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:41 pm

You are trying to apply a macro concept to a game that deals in a micro world. Since each world is unique, what you do in one world has no bearing on another (other than the friends you make and the medals you "earn"). This would cause more people to clone accounts simply to climb the boards. If you never loose a city and always get free ones, you can inch your way up the board without actually doing much conquering.

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 am

sancheezy wrote:You are trying to apply a macro concept to a game that deals in a micro world. Since each world is unique, what you do in one world has no bearing on another (other than the friends you make and the medals you "earn"). This would cause more people to clone accounts simply to climb the boards. If you never loose a city and always get free ones, you can inch your way up the board without actually doing much conquering.

The point is that they will lose cities and that bug won't be up forever and it would be a stupid reason to say not to do it because of that.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 am

And as with any other cheat, that cloner would get a reputation. I'd rather weed out the occasional poser, just to have the other 95% ranked.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”