Can we get our Valor data out of valor

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Can we get our Valor data out of valor

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:15 am

I, as others, tend to use Excel to manage a lot of what I do in Valor. But, once I get more than 20 cities, it takes too much time updating it after incoming or outgoing attacks? I have to manually cycle through each city to see how many troops survived. Once I get to the point where I am corrdinating multiple attacks at once it becomes very tedious. It would be great if I could jut get this into excel directly somehow so that I could stop wasting so much time.

I am not asking to be able to use the PC to play valor, I am not asking to be able to submit any actions in any way other than through the game, but getting the data out would be very helpful.

Data is key!

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:44 pm

I think that quark should make an app that's 99 cents and it links the two apps.
All cities are listen in an excel sheet, you can enter a city cords you want to attack and it will give you the walk time ect. It could add other features but basically something along the lines of that 'battle planner' app

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:00 am

I have the spreadsheet already built. All I need is the data.

Hey Quark, want to partner on this one???

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm

We have looked into a few different ways before of sharing more "data" to players.

If you have any suggestions of what you would like us to provide, be sure to let us know on these forums.

No promises, but it is something that will be considered.

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Orlor wrote:We have looked into a few different ways before of sharing more "data" to players.

If you have any suggestions of what you would like us to provide, be sure to let us know on these forums.

No promises, but it is something that will be considered.

I would like to see a CSV file that contains a row for each city that I have with the following data for each one:

• Coordinates
  • Name
  • Counts for the number of each type troop
  • Level of all buildings
  • Level of each type of research

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 pm

In addition to that, it would be great to get map information. Looking around the map, especially on a phone vs. an iPad, is difficult. Even with the zoom.

If we could get a list of all cities (barbs and players) it would be very helpful. Especially when coordinating large scale ops. Basic information would be:

• Coordinates
  • Player
  • Guild
Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm

This would help the serious players that don't have all day to play the game. It would take the tedious mechanical work of accumulating the data away yet still leave the game intact since the interaction would still be via the game software.

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm

I volunteer to be a beta tester for this. As I said, I already have a spreadsheet that would use all of this data.

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Taking it one step further, being able to capture the data that is in the reports would be great. This way any city that I scout or attack I would be able to retain the point-in-time state of that city to help plan farming and attacking.

Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:54 pm

I am not a money player but I would pay a one time fee per world to be able to get this information.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”