Improvements ideas

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
MyName999
Scholar

Improvements ideas

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 am

As updates are coming slower and slower, I think we need to help Quark improving Valor.

We'll not here give main game change ideas, so NO, don't speak about archers (that will never come) or about MCM and multiple scholarships buy possibility (that will come soon).

But YES, speak here about little things that are annoying us and that we want to be better, or about lacking little stuff that would make this game much more pleasant...

Enjoy, and be imaginative! Orlor is watching us (or at least he says so ;-D)

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 am

ABANDONNING

Abandonning a world has been disabled, because players were abandoning by error?

Enable this function but add an email confirmation demand. This way, only email registered players could abandon (this push plyers to register, good for you Quark): once "Abandon" button is clicked, an email is sent to the player with a link to confirm the world's abandon demand. If the players isn't attacked, abandoning demand is granted and a confirmation email is sent saying that the world has been abandoned (don't forget, in every mail, to give world's informations as a title in order none to abandon the wrong world!).

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:31 am

PREFERENCES: THE ON-OFF??? SLIDERS

The preferences always have been obscure to me: is it enabled when 1 is shown, or is it enabled when 1 is hidden? Fact is that it's most of the time the contrary of most's instinct.

So here is my purposal: don't use slides any more!!! Replace theses preferences by checkboxes, it's always understood by everyone...

Quark can even use the crossed-swords to replace the X, this could be nice:

The attachment Prefs-CheckBox.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Prefs-CheckBox.jpg

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:34 am

SEARCH CITIES IN LIST: ADD OPTIONS

First thing I find annoying when I look at cities list and that I search for something is that the search option is made FROM BEGINNING of cities name (you don't remember beginning of the name, you'll never find the city...). Change it for a SEARCH BY CONTENT plz!!!

Then, options could be added to sort the results:
SearchWithOptions 1.jpg

This would open a window to define enabled sorting options:
SearchWithOptions 1.jpg

Results could be sorted by X coord and/or by Y coord, after having been sorted by:
- name
OR
- area
OR
- size
OR
- loyalty
OR
- distance from a defined point
Attachments
SearchWithOptions 2.jpg

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 am

NO MORE UNUSED WORLDS IN OUR LISTS!!!

Lots are annoyed having lots and lots old opened worlds, and closed worlds too, in their worlds list.

I'm here purposing 2 different solutions, but both could make us happy with our worlds lists again:

1. Possibility to hide unwanting worlds.
In world list, looking for world's information and then the options, I purpose a "Hide world" button near the abandon one
OnlyUsedWorlds21.jpg

Clicking this button would make this world disappear from "My Worlds" list.

In order to have it back again, adding a Preference would be necessary:
OnlyUsedWorlds21.jpg

By choosing "Hidden worlds" the lacking worlds would be listed, with a possibility to make it viewable again:
OnlyUsedWorlds21.jpg

2. Making a "Favorites World" section in the Portal.
Still by clicking in the info button on Worlds list, near the "Abandon" button, add a "Favorite world" button to add it to the favorites:
OnlyUsedWorlds21.jpg

This would add it to world listed as favorites, shown directly in the portal:
OnlyUsedWorlds21.jpg

Once again, a possibility to clear listed worlds from favorites should be added:
(sorry I can't upload more files X-C)
Attachments
OnlyUsedWorlds22.jpg
OnlyUsedWorlds13.jpg
OnlyUsedWorlds12.jpg
OnlyUsedWorlds11.jpg

Albian
Lancer

que extend

Postby Albian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Valor begginers have a very short que limit so it makes the game boring.in order to stop these players leaving the game,my suggetion is to extend the que limit from 2 to 5.this will make the game more intresting.

"IF THIS WILL BRINGS YOU ANY LOST OF PROFIT PLEASE MAKE THE SPY AN INCOMING ARMY FROM 5 GOLD TO 10."

However this will make the game more intresting and effective.this will effect so good that the players might never leave for years.this also has a good chance that these players will get every update.sure this will bring you profit.

And by the way if you guys have an idea of closing point hoarder please reconsider.that is the best world we ever had.so please dont close it.

SirBlazeALot420
Knight

Postby SirBlazeALot420 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:39 am

Making titles more important

Increase title requirement to crown a guild eliminating ability for a single player to make 10 guilds with alts.

Increase title requirements for generals

Limit max crowns per guild. Max crowns drop when each alliance is formed.

Have hard to get titles increase player ability. Player can combine 4 titles on a shield making a crest. Each title would increase player stats by a % setting are done at world start and and not changeable for that world.

Unit speed
Attack
Defense
Resources haul
Farm space
Ect.

This will reward players for there hard work. Make having 20-30 alts less important! They will be weaker cause lower titles and support falls on them. It will make titles be considered when attacking a player. With titles locked 4 crested titles only displayed.

Isemgot
Lancer

Postby Isemgot » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 am

MyName999 wrote:ABANDONNING

Abandonning a world has been disabled, because players were abandoning by error?

Enable this function but add an email confirmation demand. This way, only email registered players could abandon (this push plyers to register, good for you Quark): once "Abandon" button is clicked, an email is sent to the player with a link to confirm the world's abandon demand. If the players isn't attacked, abandoning demand is granted and a confirmation email is sent saying that the world has been abandoned (don't forget, in every mail, to give world's informations as a title in order none to abandon the wrong world!).

I'm not entirely sure the email aspect of this idea will work for all players, since I'm sure many players wouldn't be willing to go to the trouble of registering their accounts simply to abandon a world they can simply ignore, however I think this is an issue that needs to be given a bit of attention, and I'm glad this has been brought up. I don't see it as a problem to simply offer the option of abandoning a world for all players, with no criteria or constraints. This especially helps people who may try the game at first, not like it and want to quit, or people who try a world, get the hang of it, and enter another world that has just opened with a bit of experience and with the intention of truly growing and developing their cities.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”