Barbs too easily capped

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Barbs too easily capped

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 am

I'd like to suggest a small tweak to the current setup as far as barbs go.

When a world first opens, it's possible to cap a barb using just the starting troops of a few players, without any need to build up AT ALL. While the intention may have been to encourage early team play, it is far more often used by players with many multiple alts. (or even friends jumping just to accomplish this) alts/friends send all their troops at a barb to clear it, main account uses starting troops to cap.

The small tweak I have in mind is just 1 level added to either city hall, or wall on fresh spawned barbs.
┏( -_-)┛..::LtFarrk::..┗(-_- )┓

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:13 am

The drawback is that would discourage the true teamwork.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Isemgot
Lancer

Postby Isemgot » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:34 pm

From my experience in Legacy worlds, it's impossible to cap any city, player or barb, without the use of Scholars. I can only farm player and barb cities without Scholars. Which worlds allow capping of barbs without scholars?

KingEvo
Guardian

Postby KingEvo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm

he has a point though lots of alts being used now a days since the 7.0 update came out

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:17 pm

I don't dispute that. However, making it tougher to take them will punish those who don't use alts more than those who use alts.

ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:37 pm

The change would really only make it that you cannot cap immediately after jumping. A build up time of at least a few hours would be much better than no wait at all. Besides, it has the potential to call upon more tactical teamwork. Each player needing to build up that little more etc.

Alts have been a problem much longer than any recent update. Sure, it's made it more widespread, but anyone that knows what's they're doing can have infinite # of alts.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:09 pm

ThatValorPlayer wrote:The change would really only make it that you cannot cap immediately after jumping. A build up time of at least a few hours would be much better than no wait at all. Besides, it has the potential to call upon more tactical teamwork. Each player needing to build up that little more etc.

Alts have been a problem much longer than any recent update. Sure, it's made it more widespread, but anyone that knows what's they're doing can have infinite # of alts.

Which is why I don't think this would solve anything. Rather, it would encourage bringing more alts to a world.

ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:16 pm

The concept behind it is to stop the ability to raise influence from 0-100 with starting troops alone. Not so much about the clearing required.
I do understand your point though, but IMO the downside is a small price in comparison.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 pm

ThatValorPlayer wrote:The concept behind it is to stop the ability to raise influence from 0-100 with starting troops alone. Not so much about the clearing required.
I do understand your point though, but IMO the downside is a small price in comparison.

I understand the concept. However, all you will do is delay the barb grab by a day or two, at most. Those who want to bring a lot of alts to a world will still retain the advantage over players who do not. IMO, all you are doing is putting a band-aid on a wound that really needs stitches. The underlying issue of the alts still is not addressed.

ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 am

I'm all for seeing a fix for the alt situation. That would definitely minimize a large number of problems. With that being said, I'm sure quark are aware of that, and if there's no solution as yet, maybe a bandaid fix could buy some time.
Anyway, mainly just wanted to put it out there, see if it can be considered/looked into/dismissed. Hehe.
Cheers. :)

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”