2015 Guild Masters Election

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
SirBlazeALot420
Knight

2015 Guild Masters Election

Postby SirBlazeALot420 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:42 pm

A new year is at the door steps and the time is almost here to hold elections for guild masters. Let's get the word out so we think long and hard about our represenitives as this title comes with high expectations. By doing this in advance this would eliminate players requesting for everyone to vote with there alts. We can get real players casting real votes! Remember this is not a title to make you look good! You will be our rep and have to listen to everyone's compliants! We need an approval board for those elected this time that doesn't include current guild masters! Having guild masters pick guild masters only increseses approval of friends. We need active guild masters in forums and only a few do that. Thank you for the ones that do!

BoonDockSa1nt
Lancer

Where to nominate

Postby BoonDockSa1nt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Where should we post nominations?
SirBlazeALot420 wrote:A new year is at the door steps and the time is almost here to hold elections for guild masters. Let's get the word out so we think long and hard about our represenitives as this title comes with high expectations. By doing this in advance this would eliminate players requesting for everyone to vote with there alts. We can get real players casting real votes! Remember this is not a title to make you look good! You will be our rep and have to listen to everyone's compliants! We need an approval board for those elected this time that doesn't include current guild masters! Having guild masters pick guild masters only increseses approval of friends. We need active guild masters in forums and only a few do that. Thank you for the ones that do!

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:32 am

SirBlazeALot420 wrote:A new year is at the door steps and the time is almost here to hold elections for guild masters. Let's get the word out so we think long and hard about our represenitives as this title comes with high expectations. By doing this in advance this would eliminate players requesting for everyone to vote with there alts. We can get real players casting real votes! Remember this is not a title to make you look good! You will be our rep and have to listen to everyone's compliants! We need an approval board for those elected this time that doesn't include current guild masters! Having guild masters pick guild masters only increseses approval of friends. We need active guild masters in forums and only a few do that. Thank you for the ones that do!

Lol I hope they don't do another round, they shouldn't have done a second. The first round of GuildMasters were, in a sense, founding fathers in this game. Most of us were top guild leaders that had a few of our great players vote for us from the first 100 worlds this game ever saw. In the second round of GuildMaster though people treated it as a popularity contest, asking hundreds of players to vote with all their accounts for the person who opened the room. I can think of at least one person that did this and didn't get it, I won't name him but I'm pretty sure you and anyone reading this knows who I'm referring to. That is NOT what GuildMaster is for! It is given to great leaders who have their leadership SPEAK FOR ITSELF. GuildMaster is not a pageant! It's not a title that should be given to title hoarders that just want an extra shiny badge. The reason why GuildMasters had a sort of "final say" in the second batch is because us first generation GuildMasters know the player base a LOT better than quark do/did/will ever. Because of that, they gave us the chance to have a voice on who should not be given the title because they do NOT deserve it.

I know you will argue with me, I really don't care. It is what it is, and you guys need to stop treating badges like they are primary to the functionality of this game. No one really cares what badges anyone has and the only purpose hey serve is to stroke the ego of the player that has them. Look at the lengths people have gone to in order to get badges in this game, ghosting, barb flipping etc all those things did was drive off the players that refuse to do that in order to win! Open your eyes, yeah quark is severely slacking on fixing things but the player base are the ones that exploited the hell out of those mechanics and drove off half (or more) of valor.

Btw, no. I am no saint. I have used negative scholars, and I have flipped barbs. And I won't sit here acting like the small scale I did it on was more acceptable than what the big abusers do/did. It is all wrong.

The real problem with valor is all the players that left, I highly doubt quark would have sold their staff to another company if sales weren't dying down and that happened because of paying customers getting fed up and leaving. Plain and simple. Now please, for the love of God, stop summing up your skill in this game to what badges you have. Let your skill speak for itself. Half the time I have my titles hidden, and name changed and guess why that is? Because there are lists of players offline times that many guilds hold dear to them and use as a baseline strategy for capping players who are asleep because that's easier than a real fight. The way this game evolved over the years makes me sick there used to be huge epic wars back in the day now it's just wimps and cowards that do anything to win, it's like getting called out to a fist fight and the guy you challenged shows up with a fighter jet and bombards you from the sky. Terrible analogy but whatever I'm ranting and need to stop lol.

Don't just get ****ed and respond angrily, seriously read what I said and consider it, you know deep down that I am right.
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:44 am

I have no clue why that posted a second time when I hit the back arrow lol... Wasn't intentional
Guts and Glory Founder

Game name: Achil1es

Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:36 pm

I think the guild masters medal is a popularity contest to start with. Everyone was elected, I admit on the first go round it was more prestigious but still, even then.

Iricka
Lancer

Postby Iricka » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm

So where and how do you vote?

Carpenteer
Lancer

Postby Carpenteer » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Achilles, u need a lot of words to make ur point. As the game progresses new players who showed great leadership should be able to earn the guild master badge. It would be arrogant to think that only the players of the first worlds would be worthy. Carpenteer

Huntyoudown

Postby Huntyoudown » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:47 am

Benfrom300 wrote:Lol I hope they don't do another round, they shouldn't have done a second. The first round of GuildMasters were, in a sense, founding fathers in this game. Most of us were top guild leaders that had a few of our great players vote for us from the first 100 worlds this game ever saw. In the second round of GuildMaster though people treated it as a popularity contest, asking hundreds of players to vote with all their accounts for the person who opened the room. I can think of at least one person that did this and didn't get it, I won't name him but I'm pretty sure you and anyone reading this knows who I'm referring to. That is NOT what GuildMaster is for! It is given to great leaders who have their leadership SPEAK FOR ITSELF. GuildMaster is not a pageant! It's not a title that should be given to title hoarders that just want an extra shiny badge. The reason why GuildMasters had a sort of "final say" in the second batch is because us first generation GuildMasters know the player base a LOT better than quark do/did/will ever. Because of that, they gave us the chance to have a voice on who should not be given the title because they do NOT deserve it.

I know you will argue with me, I really don't care. It is what it is, and you guys need to stop treating badges like they are primary to the functionality of this game. No one really cares what badges anyone has and the only purpose hey serve is to stroke the ego of the player that has them. Look at the lengths people have gone to in order to get badges in this game, ghosting, barb flipping etc all those things did was drive off the players that refuse to do that in order to win! Open your eyes, yeah quark is severely slacking on fixing things but the player base are the ones that exploited the hell out of those mechanics and drove off half (or more) of valor.

Btw, no. I am no saint. I have used negative scholars, and I have flipped barbs. And I won't sit here acting like the small scale I did it on was more acceptable than what the big abusers do/did. It is all wrong.

The real problem with valor is all the players that left, I highly doubt quark would have sold their staff to another company if sales weren't dying down and that happened because of paying customers getting fed up and leaving. Plain and simple. Now please, for the love of God, stop summing up your skill in this game to what badges you have. Let your skill speak for itself. Half the time I have my titles hidden, and name changed and guess why that is? Because there are lists of players offline times that many guilds hold dear to them and use as a baseline strategy for capping players who are asleep because that's easier than a real fight. The way this game evolved over the years makes me sick there used to be huge epic wars back in the day now it's just wimps and cowards that do anything to win, it's like getting called out to a fist fight and the guy you challenged shows up with a fighter jet and bombards you from the sky. Terrible analogy but whatever I'm ranting and need to stop lol.

Don't just get ****ed and respond angrily, seriously read what I said and consider it, you know deep down that I am right.

I agree, with the player base dying no more guild masters are needed...

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”