Stationing Troops

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Theassassin17
Knight

Stationing Troops

Postby Theassassin17 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 pm

It would be cool if there was a way to station your troops in a guild members city then launch an attack on another city from where they are stationed.

starhammer
Guardian

Postby starhammer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 pm

It would certainly open up a ton of interesting avenues for combat. While the fate of something like this is up in the air, I can say that this has been discussed internally, quite recently actually.
To submit a support ticket, please visit the following link: https://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Here's a thought. Allow staging of troops, but if the city can't feed them, the troops start to die at a rate proportional to how far over pop they are.

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am

I agree with lordfirefall,this will be a good idea,but i think we need to increase farm space for this.
Also there should be option,if we are supporting,then it is not staging.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm

The only problems would be a scenario like this assassin. 5 scholar waves. Say, 3k guards per wave and 20k zerks. Plus there's no way anyone could stop it because a guild could move troops to a city close to the enemy and cap within 30 minutes. No one can save a city with that size of enemy waves with that short time. Something would have to be seriously done with the all city's farms because increasing it and the troops dying won't be enough to counteract the instability the staging would bring

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:24 pm

I think you have a sepperate farm for support troops

. Level 1 would hold say 100 supporting troops up to level 30 which may support up to 20,000 troops.

So if your under attack and you ask your guild for support you had better have something to offer like food for those troops before they come. otherwise your guild may send you 1000 sents for support but your support farm only limits it to 500 say until it is upgraded enough to support more

Theassassin17
Knight

Postby Theassassin17 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 pm

i agree that holding troops in your city would require food. But responding to Fire820. Realism is part of the game, in real life this could and did happen many times in history if you cant defend yourself then too bad. its not like you cant restart on another world
Semper Fidelis

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:35 pm

All true. But you could conquer a 5mil+ person in under an hour if they can't get on valor to move troops and ask for help. While that may seem good, it's highly unbalanced. It gives the player and player's guild little to no time at all to react to the attacks. Plus with so many troops launched against the city, it would take multiple people to save the city whereas it may only take one person to attack. If this is to be enacted, it would have to be balanced somehow. Farm adjustments. Troops dying. Outposts. Something or a combination of things. I understand and can appreciate that you want the game to be realistic. I do to. But there comes a point when realism meets unbalanced. And right now, with no counterweight, it's unbalanced

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

This idea is just absurd. It allows you a massive advantage in defense but nothing in attack. If anything it will slow the game down since no one can clear cities.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Nikhil21. Have you not read this thread? Yes it will provide some defense to a degree. When your other cities are attacked you'll withdraw though or your guild will. The city won't stay impenetrable for very long. If anything, this idea helps attacks. Think about it. If I wanted your city, all I'd have to do would be to capture a city right next to yours, stage 5 scholars and 15k guards and 100k zerks there, and attack. And if you built up the city, I'd feint to multiple other cities and then strike

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”