Make your own multiplayer server!

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
donut
Guardian

Make your own multiplayer server!

Postby donut » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

If any of you have ever played Minecraft you would understand how fun it is to create your own private server just for you and your friends.

If Valor had this option, we would STILL HAVE REGULAR SERVERS, it's just that this option would add a new dimension to Valor. Keep on reading because other ideas that would go well with this.

• you would create this server on your PC so it doesn't take space on the company's computer
• the only way to play on your server is through the app
• when you create the server you can chose the servers options, •some options would include:
-guild on/off
-unit speed
-server operation hours
-and many many other to chose from
• on the internet there would be mods that would change the gameplay of the server when applied
• some examples of mods:
-new types of troops
-different types of map
-new buildings
-functions
-there are countless more
• the servers would NOT take up space on the
• the size of the world depends on the # of people playing. Like for example a 10 people server might have the amount of land equivalent to that of a region in a regular server
• there would be a server chat where players could talk to each other or there could be a thing that enables them to voice each other. It would be safe because the players know each other
• when the players grow older they will look back and have good memories of playing Valor with their friends

It would be great to have your opinion on this idea that would add a new dimension to Valor.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Hmm… pretty interesting. This solves the private worlds idea's problem. Nice!

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks for your opinion.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

I like this idea

cedcool14
Knight

Postby cedcool14 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 pm

The only way playmesh would accept this is a fee of 5 gold per day for the host

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Remember you run the server from your PC. What if Playmesh sells you the software to create servers for an one time payment. The software should be treated like those video games for Xbox ps3 and wii where you make a one-time payment of around $40 to buy a disk.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:01 pm

This is a cool idea, but I think it probably goes against PlayMesh's business model. Unless you found a way to buy gold on your created server, and pass that back to PlayMesh, they stand to make a lot more money retaining hosting rights. And, unless you had a way to ensure the server had at least the same amount of uptime as PlayMesh, it will be hard to retain players beyond a small circle of friends. Without that larger player base, games get pretty boring.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:56 pm

…or…Playmesh could keep the free. It would benifit Playmesh because people would gather their friends to play this with them. And eventually play the regular version.

You see people immediately quit games because they get impatient with games that doesn't show immediate results or progress. When they play with somebody else, that somebody else will show they the game is fun. Then they will eventually play the regular version.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Sorry about the typos.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:33 pm

I've been playing multiplayer role playing games since... Well, let's just say it was a play by mail - snail mail in fact. Folks don't move on to the regular version unless there is a strong incentive to do so. If it was a full version, many would stick with one run by an individual just on principle. I used to run a play by email game that had almost 1000 players, and I had a downtime percentage of less than 5%. I still get emails from players asking me to restart, and I closed my site 11 years ago.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”