No guilds - still a good idea

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
donut
Guardian

No guilds - still a good idea

Postby donut » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

When ever somebody brings up the topic of worlds with no guilds people will counter saying that players will find a way to create unofficial guilds or Uguilds.

In absolutely every idea, if there is a con, it doesn't mean the idea is bad. I will explain why Uguilds will not be much of a problem in this hot topic about worlds with no guilds or micro guilds.

1) most guilds in worlds today, found each other because their city was near other cities and do they invited those members to the guild. Only sometimes did the guilds came together in other worlds. That means if somebody created an Uguild, they can't gather a lot of members unless they met each other in another world.

2) in an Uguild, it would be hard to keep track of large amounts of members. Uguilds will be small.

3) so what if Uguilds are created? Not many people will be in a Uguild because it's just to much trouble to have to sign up for the website the Uguild is based.

4) a. So what if Uguilds form? Uguilds have no use. In these worlds there will probably be a new feature that disables you from defending other players (after all why would you need to defend somebody else; remember the "U" in Uguilds means unofficial).

4) b. it would be extremely difficult to coordinate attacks. You can't comunicate in game which would make it inconvinent. The only party you can coordinate attacks against are, individual players. This is because unless revealed, nobody knows who is in which Uguild except your own. Wars between Uguilds won't exist for that same reason. Uguilds have no use!

5) dominant Uguilds will eventually collapse on it self into a cannibal or civil war because these guilds were never official.

The bottom line is, Uguilds will either small or short lived. As I mentioned above there is no advantages to organizing or joining Uguilds.

There is no need to worry about Uguilds because they are harmless for all you people who like the idea of guildless worlds but scared that Uguilds will take form.

JGree
Knight

Postby JGree » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you!

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Except for those guilds from previous worlds that do ALL their communicating through other means. Some of us have been playing in guilds for over 2 years and would never attack our guild mates, in any world.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

Thats all right. It doesn't hurt anyone or give an unfair advantage.

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 am

Still, guild wars are half the fun, large scale tactical combat is the cornerstone of valor!

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:04 am

You think it wouldn't give any unfair advantages? Let me make an example for you how this would work:

In the unguided world I would be under attack by you. Oh you want my city bad! ;)
Now, this is when I go into kakao (since I'm there from previous worlds, all surrounded by teammates) and post: "Hey, someone in the unguilded world on? I need some help, donut is attacking, he's in r20 coordinates 23,246, 23,256, 24,256. Anyone close enough to send him some attacks?"
joshuasky: "Im pretty far away, 23 hrs w rams"
Ghost: "Im close, I can take 23,246"
Larlis: "Great that would help me buy some time"

Now, this was only an example. But a plausible one.

Besides, as joshuasky said, the guild is what makes valor interesting. Both the teamwork when coordinate a full scale attack but even more (for me anyway) the social part of it.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 am

I can do that in a regular world too. Calling your friend for help can be done in any world regardless if guilds exist or not.

Getting help from friends is not cheating. Its not cheating because your friend volunteered his time and resources to help you and he gets the reward which is conquering the city. If you don't force your friend to help you, then it's not cheating. Your friend could have tooken the city without you telling him too. Meaning its just a SUGGESTION. If helping you is inconvinent for him, he won't help you. Helping you only benifits him.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 am

donut wrote:I can do that in a regular world too. Calling your friend for help can be done in any world regardless if guilds exist or not.

Getting help from friends is not cheating. Its not cheating because your friend volunteered his time and resources to help you and he gets the reward which is conquering the city. If you don't force your friend to help you, then it's not cheating. Your friend could have tooken the city without you telling him too. Meaning its just a SUGGESTION. If helping you is inconvinent for him, he won't help you. Helping you only benifits him.

We weren't talking abt cheating were we? You mentioned unfair advantage. And I say in a guildless world, were I who has played for over two years would have a very unfair advantage due to me not only knowing the game but knowing the people playing it (well of course not everybody but many enough) And I would be able to call upon them whenever as a newbie would not. So to me, thats an unfair advantage.

Im positive we could coordinate in kakao just as easily as we do in game. I dont see a problem there. Yes there would be smaller unofficial guilds but they would be even more deadlier in my opinion.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I use Kakao extensively. I typically only use game mail to talk trash to my enemies.

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Guilds will be bigger than before in the no guild worlds. Since in regular worlds 25 or 60 is the max, players can only have that many members before they have to make sister guilds or start kicking players. With no guilds that means no guild limits. You can invite as many people as you want into a Kakao chat room. You can tell everyone in your "guild" important news and who is under attack. It won't be as good as the Valor Forums, but it will work out. Through Kakao you can get over 1,000 in your "guild".

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”