Attack from Ally

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
sparticuz
Lancer

Attack from Ally

Postby sparticuz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:49 am

I searched around and couldn't find this anywhere and I find it hard to believe!

The ability to attack from an Ally's kingdom would be great. I don't mind traveling the 12 hours it takes to get to my guilds enemy.. but I'd like to stop for a bite to eat and a good ale before heading all the way back home just to get up and attack again the next morning. Feel me!? :D

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm

In addition to that, it would be nice if a player can mobilize troops in support of one ally to another. I had a guild member get attacked and I was supporting a nearby member. I would have liked to be able to send my troops from the one city I was supporting to the other that needed help. Instead I had to send troops from my city 8 hours away. Furthermore, when withdrawing support troops from an ally's city, a player can't simply reduce the number of troops and only bring a few home, it has to be withdraw all or none. I think that should change. If I have 100 lancers supporting a fellow guild member, I should be able to leave 50 there and withdraw 50 to my kingdom instead of withdrawing all 100 and resending 50.

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

If your worried about sacrificing realism when meeting our requests because news didn't travel that fast in the medieval ages, you should develop messengers that travel fast and light. This way we can send communication to our troops abroad and it would still require some waiting time, but it would not take nearly as long as waiting for our armies to travel. This way we can have our troops abroad do more than just sit on their hands waiting for the city they are supporting to be attacked while still maintaining the realism of vast, spread out guilds and cities.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm

I personally think that this is a great idea.
I will flag this post for viewing for the other admins so that they can take a look at it.

Obviously its up to PlayMesh to implement any ideas like this, but the suggestion is quite good and i believe it may deserve looking in to.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:24 pm

I agree with this however u would have to adress a point where u can't just stack all ur troops in a city and then make a massive attack in the city next to it that would be very unfair

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 am

No more unfair than get support from you guild to defend your city !
It's rational to think you army would meet up before a battle and then fight together rather than attacking in bits and pieces as and when they show up
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Pike7453
Lancer

Postby Pike7453 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 pm

I love the idea of the messenger. Yea. How does an army 35 hours away supporting a guild mate get the word to just immediately come home. Email? Lol. But yet you can't turn an army around after 15 mins. Not realistic!

Pike7453
Lancer

Postby Pike7453 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh. They must have wi fi in ye yonder castles. Ha

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah it would change the dynamics of current tactics used. The thing I find disturbing is the one that would weaken his on ally. With allies like that who needs enemies...

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”