New Unit: The Arquebus

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.

Would The Arquebus be helpfully in valor.

You may select 1 option

View results

Dewarrior
Knight

New Unit: The Arquebus

Postby Dewarrior » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm

The Arquebus or "Hook Tube" is an early muzzle-loaded firearm used in the 15th to 17th centuries. The Arquebus as a low-velocity firearm was used against enemies who were often protected partially or fully by steel plate armour. I think The Arquebus would be a great addition to the barracks as an offensive unit. I think The Arquebus should cost 100 wood, 60 clay and 40 iron to train while only taking 2.5 minutes to train using a population of 1 per unit. The defense of The Arquebus should be the same as the lancer because they are both ranged infantry units. The Arquebus should have a 3% higher offense than the lancer because The Arquebus uses gunpowder and the lancer does not. The Arquebus should move 2% faster than the lancer because the lancer has a heavy spear for a weapon when The Arquebus is lightweight, say a lance lands an attack in 8:56 minutes, The Arquebus would land at 8:38 instead of 8:56. I think the research for The Arquebus should cost 250 wood, 200 clay and 250 iron while taking 20 minutes to research. I think The Arquebus research should require a level 15 barracks and a level 20 forge.

Dewarrior
Knight

Postby Dewarrior » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, comments and ideas, and criticism. Feedback is key to improving ideas.

Jonathan7947
Knight

Postby Jonathan7947 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 am

Awesome! I like it

pizzaking
Knight

Postby pizzaking » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:54 am

Someone suggested cannons...you suggested early firearms. I fill like we are about to turn this game into a Spanish Conquest game.

Dewarrior
Knight

Postby Dewarrior » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 pm

My intent isn't to turn valor into a spanish conquest just to bring content from the mid-middle ages to late-middle ages which allows for more strategy for PVP.

DudeCorp
Lancer

Postby DudeCorp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 am

pizzaking - Dewarrior is the same guy who suggested the canon. Dude, are you sweet on getting some gun-powder pow pow action in the game, or what? Personally, I like it the way it is and don't need more weapons. If you want to advance from sharp, pointy metal sticks to things that make bangs & booms, you can play Civilization!

Are you taking some history of warfare class?

But...again, like someone said in your canon post...good suggestions on how much it costs, train, units, movement, etc. Not sure how canons and firearms can be built with more wood than iron, though!

Dewarrior
Knight

Postby Dewarrior » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:07 am

Civilalization is way to modern, while all my segestions took place in the 14 and 1500's, gunpowder was invented by the chinese hundreds of years before that. All of my suggestions are also supposed to allow for more PVP strategy and play style because if people want to play with the older units they can, and if people want to play with the new units they can.

Dewarrior
Knight

Postby Dewarrior » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:12 am

And as for warfare history classes, this stuff is taught in Global history, and U.S. History.

DudeCorp
Lancer

Postby DudeCorp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38 am

I'm an old man, so don't remember much global & US history class. And even if I did, I doubt if I would have remembered something as fantastic as the Arquebus!

To your comment of "people want to play with the older units they can, and if people want to play with the new units they can," I doubt I will have a choice if people are coming after my lancers with guns & canons! :-)

Dewarrior
Knight

Postby Dewarrior » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 am

What playmesh could do is make select worlds for old middle age weapons and worlds for newer midde age weapons, that way people can chose wether they want older or newer weapons from the middle ages to play.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”