New Interface

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
donut
Guardian

New Interface

Postby donut » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm

I have just updated the game and saw the new interface. It is very nice, however I would like an option that allows you to switch in between the new interface and old interface. For me, the interface looks really uncomfortable. Like for example, I like having a list come up when I switch cities.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

I *dont like

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm

I would prefer it I'd the resources were below the city interface (I don't know what to call but it's bel

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:07 pm

I would prefer it I'd the resources were below the city interface (I don't know what to call but it's below the resources. That's the only thing I think should be changed.

Xanion
Lancer

Postby Xanion » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Boy, I just updated and wished i did not. What a mesh you guys made out of it.
Did you look at the new interface through the eyes of a gamer? You removed the previous en next buttons for the cities, for people with 30-40 cities this is not doable. I'm not going back constantly to that list to select a different city. We need a quick next button to go through the list. Please add this again and please update quick. removing that buttons is really making the game pain in the ass for your hardcore players.

Also, Please add also put back the troop count and counter how many troops you can have. Its much easier that the remaining you have put in now.

Other players, please vote if you agree on my items. ;-)

Solituary
Lancer

Postby Solituary » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 pm

I quite like the new update, everything seems to run a lot quicker, still takes a little while to update each city though.

The one thing I do miss is the arrows to the next and previous city, I find these quite useful for managing them.

RyanK
Lancer

Postby RyanK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Please add scroll arrows back. Also, please make city name box wider so we can see more of the city names. Please highlight the current city in the sidebar. More suggestions later.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Please keep the feedback coming, we are looking at all of this regarding the new style of the UI.

Lourenceofchico
Lancer

Postby Lourenceofchico » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I quite agree with Xanion. Having to go into the side bar to move from one city to the next is A pain. You need both because a lot of us organize our cities to sit next to each other to make attacks and support quicker. We need both. And removing the troop count is not helpful to us either. You were so concerned that the top was so crowded well it was crowded because it gave you useful information. One of the main tasks you have to do as a player is cue troops. Taking away the population makes decisions about troop production more difficult. I'm sure there are things I haven't even been tasked to do that will be impacted by this new top screen. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

I do like that the reports are easier to read.

Just needed to add one comment...you took away useful information so that the stupid gold could take up almost a 1/3 of the interface bar!!!! Really? That is very annoying! Please fix this soon.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Lourenceofchico wrote:I quite agree with Xanion. Having to go into the side bar to move from one city to the next is A pain. You need both because a lot of us organize our cities to sit next to each other to make attacks and support quicker. We need both. And removing the troop count is not helpful to us either. You were so concerned that the top was so crowded well it was crowded because it gave you useful information. One of the main tasks you have to do as a player is cue troops. Taking away the population makes decisions about troop production more difficult. I'm sure there are things I haven't even been tasked to do that will be impacted by this new top screen. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

I do like that the reports are easier to read.

Just needed to add one comment...you took away useful information so that the stupid gold could take up almost a 1/3 of the interface bar!!!! Really? That is very annoying! Please fix this soon.

It's pretty interesting. When we play tested internally, we really preferred the sidebar to the next button once we got over a few cities. I'm surprised you had that preference at 40 cities Xanion. Thanks for taking the time to comment though -- we'll take a look at all of this feedback during the next UI/UX meeting.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”