Suggestion -- twitter post default change...

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
bns001
Lancer

Suggestion -- twitter post default change...

Postby bns001 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Currently most twitter posts that are suggested start "I just completed ".
I suggest a SMALL change to creating the message. Change the start of the post to "w999-Completed ".
This cuts two characters out of the string, mentions the world where the award occurred (important for players who play in multiple worlds), and is more terse (to the point). Abbreviations and coding of messages are the norm for Twitter and tweets, so why should semi-automated tweets not follow existing tweet grammar. Why add extra words to a twitter message for grammatical correctness when tweets normally ignored grammar to maximize the message content.
Why have the EXTRA words? "I", "the", "just" -- useless baggage. If you own the twitter feed the message came from you, so "I" is understood. Twitter is almost immediate, so "just" is not needed. Other words that are implied, thus useless, are determinates like "the", "a", "an".
I haven't really studied the messages much closer, but the WORLD element is the only crucial change that I request... but in making space for world in the tweet, the rest of the tweet really needs to be audited for decreasing msgsiz. ;)

Peace, Out!
Barry

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

You could just erase the whole default message and write your own message.

IE

i'm the best valor plya eva. Got 2 amulets, sweet

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes, as a player I could. But I'm suggesting a more useful default message... one with less useless words, and one with the world already populated. That way, you wouldn't have to edit the tweet... And why should you have to, since the game already knows what world spawned the world.

Right now, I MUST change each tweet for each world for the daily amulet... And after the first one, i may forget what world i am on... which i do regularly. If the game would go ahead and put the world in the tweet, i wouldn't make mistakes reporting awards on twitter. Why can't the game just populate the world number in the tweet? Everyone who tweets would benefit from quicker editing of the message.

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm

In all honesty my twitter account and a lot of others player twiiter accounts are fake anyways. Im only posting for double the rewards.

Who really cares what it says when no one is following us on these "fake" accounts.

DudeCorp
Lancer

Postby DudeCorp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 am

I only have a real twitter account, so rather than have a lot of clutter, I just delete the twitter message entirely, but still 'send' it. It tells me that there was an error connecting to the twitter server, but the 2x resources/amulets are still generated. Just don't click "cancel" until you see the message in the background say you've received the double points.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 pm

im not really understanding why it is important to have a default twitter posts... its such a non essential part of the game. im sure that there are more pressing issues that need to be fixed right now

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”