player types to balance things...

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
fortheLOVE

player types to balance things...

Postby fortheLOVE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:51 am

i had a few suggestions if you don't mind. i know a few beta testers but only really make conversation about them with one player... i thought making a civilization TYPE decision at the start of the world could be beneficial in a lot of ways. for instance, you would have to add forethought to your initial drop groups and times but also stipulate player types in your recruiting efforts. then your team based gaming would be more intricate based on the pairings of play styles and player types.

for instance, you could make a war oriented player style, boost it's offensive firepower. with this option, it should cost. attack power is great, but it could come at the price of slower resources gathering with a higher haul capacity. weaker defense and walls. and dim-witted scholars that reduce loyalty 15-25 each hit instead of the standard 20-30.

an economic based player would gather resources more quickly, haul less, have more merchants in the market with increased walk times, and a slower weaker attack force with standard scholars and standard defense capabilities..

i think this may increase strategic gameplay adding a twist to play styles.. maybe with a third player type to offset one of those and be trumped by the other. appealing bonuses that cost in another crucial area.

anyways. i would love to hear feedback from you creators. and i would be thrilled to see some more strategic complexities added.

thanks,
ftl

fortheLOVE

Postby fortheLOVE » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 am

this could even be something that was pushed back to make your choice at the end of BP, making you layout a world gameplan. a defensive civ type could be the third with lower attack rates, faster movement times for countering and the same scholars as the attack civ with the same resource output.
-enjoythefall
w110 Anarchy (Anonymous)

ItzJosh
Knight

Postby ItzJosh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 pm

I say no, my thoughts I dont think players should chose, as it will be really hard for the servers to go along with so many differences, they just need to put the old thing back, different speeds and different lvls of units, those things we know in the past. It will be just the same for everyone and thats how it should be ;) we just need rotation of what the world is in global.

DutchDuke
Lancer

Postby DutchDuke » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:45 pm

I think it's a pretty good idea. My only concern is that players with multiple accounts will benefit from it greater. Their farm will be a resource builder, their main gets the attack bonus and then we're in trouble. :-)

As far as ItzJosh is concerned, you strike me as a hater with absolutely no creativity. "They just need to put the old thing back".. If all you want is the past, what are you doing in the ideas/suggestions area anyway?

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”