Archers

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Adinel
Lancer

Archers

Postby Adinel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm

I think archers should be introduced into the game. I just feel as though that is a gap in unit types. I kinda see them, (if ever done) as useless in an attack but great as city deffenders. Hell make it to where your city has to have a lvl 10 wall just to make them, I dont care, but I think they would be a nice addition to the game.

Jucamol
Lancer

Postby Jucamol » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 am

I agree with you ,archers, cav. archers or both i think they would be a nice addition to the game.

"Honor is nothing without Victory"

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 am

I agree with you i think they should add them

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:35 am

This is a good suggestion, but let me ask you this then, if you dont mind.

We have:
Lancers - high defense against mounted
Sentries - high defense against foot troops

Where would archers fit in here in the defensive role?
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Killerxx777
Guardian

Postby Killerxx777 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

You could make the archers very high in defensive strength(5x more than lanc or sent) but make their walk time as high as a scholar and make them cost 1k each resource.This will add to the 'spamming' strategy besides simply creating another type of defensive units.what do you guys think?

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:26 pm

The problem there Killer is that it doesnt add a new category. You run the potential of just creating an ultimate unit, even with the higher resource cost, it would negate peoples desire to use either the sentry or the lancer.
If you want to add an Archer type to the game, it has to have a unique purpose. (Knight / Guardian not withstanding).
For support in game, please go to:

Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon

For support outside of the game, please go to:

http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

climin2hi
Lancer

Postby climin2hi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Make it the level 3 upgrade for the Guardian. You could increase the defense to something like that of a lancer who is the strongest by far in terms of point and resource economics. You could also make it more expensive...make it a 24 hour upgrade, yada yada..i think that would work, and encourage more resource spending, which is more money for your people. ; )

Conan94
Knight

Postby Conan94 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 am

How about archers have the same attack defense of a knight cost the same in resources and has a walk time the same as a berserker and cost one population but it hits other units before they get to you... See in other games I won lots of battles because I would build around 5,000 archers and 1,000 lancer and sentry or 2,000 berserkers and when I attacked or defended the zerks or sentries and lancers got hit while the archers shot the enemy and I didn't lose as many troops.

Hope that we get archers soon so I can give this game a five star review,
Conan94

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Keep discussing this guys. No promises, but if you can find a way to present something that doesn't break a pretty balanced system, then I'd be willing to bring it up at a design meeting.

RockNRoll
Knight

Postby RockNRoll » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Could make it do that archers are better utilized defending the city but weaker when attacking other cities, and maybe even tie their strength/defense into the level of the wall. Higher level wall makes archers better.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”