Multiple suggestions...

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Lord Kauneonga
Knight

Multiple suggestions...

Postby Lord Kauneonga » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 pm

After playing for two weeks, I have come up with the following laundry list of things that I would like to see. I played Evony for a while and a lot of what is on this list is implemented there. Great job so far on this game, but it could be a lot better. Better user experience and better ways for you to make money. And after all, isn’t that why you are doing it?

Game Enhancements

1) iPad and iPhone – I have to be able to access the same account from both. That will make this game light years better. I know that it has already been discussed, but it is a big point.

2) Chat Rooms – Global, Guild, and Private – This is what makes the game social and keeps many players online. In Evony chat rooms, I met people from all over the real world. It allows the guild members to get to know each other and facilitates cooperation amongst guild members.

3) Speed ups – 15 minutes is worthless except for the first day or two and that is when most people are afraid to use them. “What if I need it later?” I have won a few from amulets but what good is 15 minutes when things take hours to construct.

4) Speaking of amulets, how about letting us win some gold? Does it really matter to you guys if you give some of it away for free? Free samples have a way of generating a lot of money.

5) Speed up quest – it came way too late. I had already used mine up. I had to wait until I won one because I sure wasn’t going to buy another $5 worth of gold to get the few hundred resources.

6) Email – I should be able to email to multiple people at once or to my entire guild. I would also like to be able to select a person from a list of all of my guild members. This will save a lot of typing and thinking. I can't always remember the spelling of all the members in my guild.

7) Email display – PLEASE put the latest email in the chain at the top. It is REALLY annoying to have to scroll to the bottom of a long email chain each time a new email comes in.

8) Forum display – PLEASE put the latest forum posting in the chain at the top. It is REALLY annoying to have to scroll to the bottom of a long forum chain each time a new posting comes in.

9) Reports – Please allow more than 2 pages. The other day I lost a critical defense report because in the aftermath I was doing a lot of scouting and farming to get resources to rebuild. When I went to look for the defense report it was gone.

10) Ability to zoom in and out on the map – the images of the cities, when zoomed in, should reflect the overall size of it. Zooming in will allow you to differentiate the city images more.

11) Guild Activity – As the leader of the guild, I would like to be able to see all of the activity that is going on in the guild. Everyone in the guild should see all of the guild activity. This will allow the members to watch each other’s cities and reinforce them when necessary.

12) Windmill – Can we get it to stop spinning. It is very annoying.

Money and Gold

1) Make it worth it to me to buy more. There is no incentive for me to spend more than $5. And frankly, after spending the money I don’t think it was worth it and I don’t think I will buy more gold. I personally don’t think that there is enough bang for the buck. I suggest that you give extra for each increment. My suggestion, based upon $5 USD for 1000 gold as the base order amount, is $5=1000, $10=2500, $15=4000, $20=5500, $25=7000, $30=8500, etc. The formula is ((X/5)*1000)+(((X-5)/5)*500) where X is the amount being spent. (Yes, I am a computer guy.)

2) Aurora’s blessing – make it permanent if I buy it. Charge $2.99.

3) Parallel construction – let me buy the ability to upgrade more than one building or unit at a time. Charge $2.99. Make it permanent.

The first item makes the person that is going to make the first purchase think about spending $10 instead of $5 because they will get so much more gold. The next two items basically set up the game as one that you can play for free but for $5.98 you get the full edition. I imagine a lot more users will do this rather than spend 50 gold for 7 days of Aurora’s blessing.

Xarosea
Lancer

Postby Xarosea » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:17 pm

These are very good suggestions and they would greatly improve gameplay. As for the gold suggestions I agree completely as well, playmesh WOULD make much more money this way and I can't see how it hasn't been done but if they did it in increments like that they'd have to also increase the cost for things such as resource boosters

Adinel
Lancer

Postby Adinel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:43 pm

The only thing i dont agree on is that the 15 minute speed ups are worthless, they come in handy on your 2nd or more city as well with things like rebuilding the wall you knocked down while taking it or if you cap a lower point city

Adinel
Lancer

Postby Adinel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm

And if you put in your email it may beable to let you play the same city on both your iphone and ipad, dont know this for sure but when i moved from valor to valor hd it moved my city over

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 am

I am going to be honest with you Kauneonga, that is quite a laundry list of suggestions.

Id like to be able to take a day or so to reply to this, as there is quite a list here.
No reply doesn't mean we aren't taking notice...

Fantastic post, btw.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Ouweh
Knight

Postby Ouweh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Great list, I like it, well done!

Darklord
Lancer

Postby Darklord » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 am

These are some great suggestions and would greatly improve gameplay.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Late to the party, but I really appreciate the suggestions.

A number of them we are already considering/implementing. Others are entirely new and we'll give serious thought to. I love posts like this; sometimes we get so close to the game that we miss some really great basic improvements.

russianIvan
Knight

Postby russianIvan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 am

Make him one of admins :D

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”