To All Those Players Complaining About Gold

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Markeez
Lancer

Postby Markeez » Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm sorry I thought this was the suggestion part of the forum, not the be spoken down to for having a grievance forum.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Markeez wrote:I'm sorry I thought this was the suggestion part of the forum, not the be spoken down to for having a grievance forum.

This is the ideas/suggestions forum. You are absolutely right there. This is also a "forum" a place to debate these things. No one is "talking down" to you. All we're doing is pointing out the flaws in your argument, just as you'll point out mine. That's what this is for. And believe me quark appreciates your feedback just as much as mine, or anyone else.

The game is about teamwork, and if you work as a team it doesn't matter how much money "player xyz" spends. He can't be on 24/7, therefore he/she is beatable. Asking quark to remove gold from the game, let alone 1 world is like asking for your groceries for free. For example, a gold free world, will take up just as much space, if not more (because of whiney players) than a gold world. And you want it for free. It is just as resource intensive for quark.

Believe me I know our frustration, when you barely have 1800 points but the guy next to you has a 10k city and 6 barbs is very demoralizing. But it's his money, who am I to tell him he can't spend it here?
Kakao id: Strahd49
Strength and honor

TheGodParticle
Lancer

Postby TheGodParticle » Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 am

Hi there - for what its worth the game has changed and I agree the dymamic of gold spending needs to change with it - I don't think a gold free world will work and neither do I think a gold only world will work but I believe there can be a happy medium.
I posted this in another forum but this one seems to have more traffic, so I'll post here too.

the problem is that current status is being ruined for those of us who do want to pay a reasonable amount (because its worth it) by those who use gold recklessly.

for what its worth here's what I posted...

As a regular player, and one that uses GOLD, (there I said it - I'm not ashamed) I couldn't agree more.
I spend on average, I'd say, about 25 - 50 Dollars a world (I am ashamed to say that I have spent 100 once).

I'm happy to pay for such an amazing experience, each world.

Having said that - It does ruin the game - for me knowing that I have an unfair advantage, and more so for others knowing that they can never grow as fast or as strong as I can.

This is a very difficult topic, because Quark needs to make money. What I'm concerned about is the level of spending ATM, it is getting out of control and it is ruining the game for even players like me who are happy to pay a VERY PREMIUM price for a world. I'm getting killed by players who are happy to blow 200 on a world and that is where the problem comes in.
An 'a list' PS3 / xbox title costs around 50 - 60 dollars.
I can play that game over and over again and never have to spend anything more on it. EVER.
This is a GREAT mobile game (but it is not an 'a list ' title) and I have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time, and like I said I'm happy to pay to play, but lets be reasonable about it.

Make the game free to play, and also have a premium tier for those who want to actually enjoy the game on a regular basis. make each world standard enter for free, but pay your 40 dollar entrance fee; and you get the queue extender and the resource boosters FOR THE WHOLE WORLD. perhaps include 1 truce (which is used way too often and should perhaps be scrapped as it really ruins the whole experience) and 5 instant spies and perhaps one of each of the other admin style premium options. and that's all you get - use them to your best advantage.

I feel that this would greatly increase the amount of people who pay to play and solve this inequality issue that this game has.

this is also pretty simple to implement.

problem solved quark - now fix it. because I'm not sure if I will pay to play again.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 am

Markeez wrote:I'm sorry I thought this was the suggestion part of the forum, not the be spoken down to for having a grievance forum.

No one is talking down to you. We are merely pointing out flaws and trying to discuss, maturely, the pros and cons of ideas. That being said, getting sullen up and throwing implicative insults is no way to do that. As Strahd said, this forum is here to discuss pros and cons of ideas. Otherwise, quark has to do it all themselves.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 am

TheGodParticle wrote:Hi there - for what its worth the game has changed and I agree the dymamic of gold spending needs to change with it - I don't think a gold free world will work and neither do I think a gold only world will work but I believe there can be a happy medium.
I posted this in another forum but this one seems to have more traffic, so I'll post here too.

the problem is that current status is being ruined for those of us who do want to pay a reasonable amount (because its worth it) by those who use gold recklessly.

for what its worth here's what I posted...

As a regular player, and one that uses GOLD, (there I said it - I'm not ashamed) I couldn't agree more.
I spend on average, I'd say, about 25 - 50 Dollars a world (I am ashamed to say that I have spent 100 once).

I'm happy to pay for such an amazing experience, each world.

Having said that - It does ruin the game - for me knowing that I have an unfair advantage, and more so for others knowing that they can never grow as fast or as strong as I can.

This is a very difficult topic, because Quark needs to make money. What I'm concerned about is the level of spending ATM, it is getting out of control and it is ruining the game for even players like me who are happy to pay a VERY PREMIUM price for a world. I'm getting killed by players who are happy to blow 200 on a world and that is where the problem comes in.
An 'a list' PS3 / xbox title costs around 50 - 60 dollars.
I can play that game over and over again and never have to spend anything more on it. EVER.
This is a GREAT mobile game (but it is not an 'a list ' title) and I have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time, and like I said I'm happy to pay to play, but lets be reasonable about it.

Make the game free to play, and also have a premium tier for those who want to actually enjoy the game on a regular basis. make each world standard enter for free, but pay your 40 dollar entrance fee; and you get the queue extender and the resource boosters FOR THE WHOLE WORLD. perhaps include 1 truce (which is used way too often and should perhaps be scrapped as it really ruins the whole experience) and 5 instant spies and perhaps one of each of the other admin style premium options. and that's all you get - use them to your best advantage.

I feel that this would greatly increase the amount of people who pay to play and solve this inequality issue that this game has.

this is also pretty simple to implement.

problem solved quark - now fix it. because I'm not sure if I will pay to play again.

This idea has been brought up many times. And it has been shot down each time. The "subscription" idea, that's basically what you've proposed just on a world-to-world basis, has drawbacks for non-paying players and quark. For non-payers: it puts them up against big odds, worse than before. As is, money is a factor. For a subscription, money wouldn't be such a big factor because they're getting stuff for free after a certain point. Ex.: the boosters and queue extender will practically pay for themselves and the other stuff after about a month. For quark: they lose money on the boosts and extender alone after a month. Factor in the other stuff, they lose money after about 3 weeks.

TheGodParticle
Lancer

Postby TheGodParticle » Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 am

I dont know if I agree with you - they would have a much larger paying crowd.
knowing that if you buy in for a reasonable amount it puts you on equal standing is a great incentive to pay.
just my thoughts.
anyway I agree they wont do it - why change something if it aint broke and yes they probably do make more money this way, but all im saying is that it takes away from an otherwise incredible game. I'd really like to pit myself against the world im in on equal footing with everybody. be a true test that would..

Markeez
Lancer

Postby Markeez » Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 am

Fire820 wrote:No one is talking down to you. We are merely pointing out flaws and trying to discuss, maturely, the pros and cons of ideas. That being said, getting sullen up and throwing implicative insults is no way to do that. As Strahd said, this forum is here to discuss pros and cons of ideas. Otherwise, quark has to do it all themselves.

Was referring to LordFirefall's original reply to my comment which was clearly ill intended.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 am

TheGodParticle wrote:I dont know if I agree with you - they would have a much larger paying crowd.
knowing that if you buy in for a reasonable amount it puts you on equal standing is a great incentive to pay.
just my thoughts.
anyway I agree they wont do it - why change something if it aint broke and yes they probably do make more money this way, but all im saying is that it takes away from an otherwise incredible game. I'd really like to pit myself against the world im in on equal footing with everybody. be a true test that would..

The ones that don't pay anything to begin with or pay less than $40 won't pay the fee for the world. Those that already spend that money, will gladly pay because the rewards greatly outweigh the cost after a few weeks.

Quark makes money this way. I doubt it'll change. And gold users can be taken out after their initial jump has run out. Normally, about after a month or two, an experienced and well-coordinated guild can take them out.

I still think that 1 non-gold world for every 50 or so worlds released would not be a bad alternative, especially if there's a fee to enter. I think it would satisfy all people.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 am

Markeez wrote:Was referring to LordFirefall's original reply to my comment which was clearly ill intended.

It wasn't ill intended. It was intended to bring a little reality to the discussion. I apologize if my directness injured you.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Markeez
Lancer

Postby Markeez » Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 am

Whatever buddy.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”