To All Those Players Complaining About Gold

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
LordFirefall

To All Those Players Complaining About Gold

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:07 am

We were talking about this in another thread, and it was suggested that we should talk about it elsewhere. Your wish is granted.

Valor has no ads. You are getting this game for free. Your game time is financed by the gold spenders you want to limit.

Put it in the context of your job. You work 52 weeks a year. There are two weeks when you always get overtime, because business triples. How would you like it if a non-paying customer (or one that barely buys anything) came in and demanded you still work during one of those busiest weeks, but do it for free? Or that you work overtime for normal pay, or work overtime and only get payed for a straight 40 hours? How about if that same person came in and demanded that all customers be limited to what he's willing to buy (which is less than the average customer buys)? How thrilled would you be at that....

0r try this one:

"I'm sorry sir, I realize we have a Porsche on the sales floor, and you have money in hand, but it wouldn't be fair to the customers that can't afford it, for us to sell it to you today. Please come back next week"

While it seems outrageous, that's exactly what you're asking Quark to do. Guild World and W100 are those two weeks from my example.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 am

I'm not complaining about gold, you misunderstand me. Okay well I am complaining a bit lol but I understand what you mean about quark earning through gold, they have no reason to limit it.

My issue is that I played w169, and started with a gold spender right beside me who was rank one right from the start. Before I had my first barb he had 250 guards, in a 4-5k city. But yes, I played defensive and in the long run I managed to take him out with my guild. It wasn't easy and I lost quite a few guild mates but we pulled it off. Now we are just cleaning up the world. And the reward I get for that, is being put into another world with even bigger goldspenders? That's the part I have a problem with.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 am

So then you would be perfectly fine if next week you donated your time to your place of employment, rather than getting paid for it? Ultimately, what you're asking is for Quark to do that. I can see doing that on a regular world, once in a while. I can't see doing it on one that will be as competitive as a guild world. I also can't see telling current paying customers that they can't spend what they want in guild world.

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 am

Why is this in the ideas/sugestion forum.

I can only guess because there is no valor/quark rant forum

I do suggest quark take all that gold we have been giving them and fix all the bugs and crashing that has haunted this game for quite some time

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 am

I placed it here because it started out as a suggestion that gold be limited.

I also would like to see Quark fix bugs. Based on discussions in the forum, that is what they have been working on post TBS.

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 am

I'm not saying I want gold to not be spent in the guild world, there will be a lot or gold spending and not much I can do about it, quark will never think about limiting it. I'm talking about the reward for winning a world. All you get is a medal and you are signed up for the guild world. That's seems less for winning an entire world. I am least interested in hyped up worlds.

The only worlds without gold have been the tournament worlds, which sent invites to only top ranked players. Usually the top spots are help by goldspenders, so I'm not sure about the logic there. If they can have no gold worlds there then why not in other worlds.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 am

I'm not going to debate whether the top spots are held by gold spenders. I will say that in the worlds in which I have played, they are dominated by barb hunters who build pretty castles and abuse negative scholars.

None of the speed worlds allow gold. They do have an entry fee though. Guild World will most likely last 5-6 months, where ToC only lasts 2 hours. Not a lot of opportunity to spend gold in ToC, even if it were allowed. On the other hand, if the average gold expenditure is only 100 gold a week, per player, in Guild World, it could easily pull in $100k. See the difference?

What kind of prize do you want for winning a world?

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Top spots early are help by gold spenders but in the end the warrior is on top almost all of the time.

Firefall we has to stop this. It's twice in a week we agree on something.
Gold spenders are needed to keep this game going. And when the new mcm comes out we will all have the option to spend gold on different things that will make your gameplay even better

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

I think if we agree on three things, that's a sign of the apocalypse ;)

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 am

I'm in the top ranks now but when the invites went out it was early on in the world. All I want is a world with no gold. Let the guild world have gold, I won't be playing that seriously. All I'm asking for is 1 world in 50 be without gold, something like that.

And I dont know what else can be given as a reward for winning a world, there is nothing I particularly want. But being put into a world where I won't have much of a chance is not something I would look forward to.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”