Account sitter

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
twood1
Lancer

Account sitter

Postby twood1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am

Ability to assign someone else in your guild access to your account to cover for you during any required absences

Westin
Lancer

Postby Westin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 pm

I disagree. If you stop playing, I want to take your civ.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Thumbs down 👎

twood1
Lancer

Postby twood1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:37 pm

I am talking like 72 hours max... Covers emergencies for players... If the player themselves doesn't log in for a set period of time the account locks out the sitter and you can farm/take the city as you may... Don't think a player who has worked for months should be penalized a destroyed account if something unfortunate were to happen in real life that pulls them away from the game for a day or two.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Heh, if was about to betray to guild, I'd offer to sit your cities, remove any tripwires, send all the troops far away, and tell the guild I'm defecting to that your cities are defenseless.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 pm

It's still someone controlling someone else's account.

Why not instead suggest something like an afk for a week or something. It would mark the player as gone on the map and all building, troop movement, support, etc. would be suspended until it is removed after 3 days or a week or whatever.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 pm

The player couldn't attack or be attacked. There would be a month or something in between the ability to use this.

twood1
Lancer

Postby twood1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Then people would enable that whenever they are under heavy attack while their guild prepares for defense... Totally opens things for abuse. This cant be a complete shield to hide behind, just maintaining the status quo if someone is forced away. As a company, the creators would probably do well to keep people playing. If you got knocked offline for a weekend: power out, grandmother dies, forced to work a long weekend of overtime, camping for a weekend, WHATEVER and then came back to an account in shambles how likely are you to try and rebuild all the lost hard work vs. close up shop. And if you lose an account like his how likely are you to ever play again? Good business and just plain being sympathetic to anyone who has some sort of unexpected trouble that keeps them away.

And if you can't trust your guild mates then that is your own problem. Hopefully people pick a sitter they can trust. If you don't then it truly is your own fault.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Honestly it shouldn't be implemented. That is what support from your guild is for to help when you can't.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

I could see people going AFK to escape a coordinated strike.

I was thinking more of tripwire network. If you set yourself AFK, if you are attacked, if you have any surviving troops, they automatically contact the 5 nearest guild mates.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”