Ballista mechanics question

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
LordOfDonuts
Lancer

Ballista mechanics question

Postby LordOfDonuts » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 am

Hi,

I have a question about the use of Ballistas.

Could i send them together with defending units only to take down some buildings? Lancers & Sentries would merely act as protection to the siege engines - I don't want them to mount an attack of their own.

Thanks.

DanielJ
Guardian

Postby DanielJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 am

You can send them with defending units but it's not recommended. There is more chance for them to die with defending units than offensive.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

LordOfDonuts
Lancer

Postby LordOfDonuts » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 am

Thanks, DanielJ.

I inhabit a 3-level-research world, so the number of trained unit types I can send from a single city is limited. Are Ballistas and Rams ever used together in an attack on a well-defended opponent? E.g. in a Berserker + Ballista + Ram mix? Or is one of the siege engines favored over another and you end up with Berserker + Knight + ( Ram OR Ballista )?

I've only just started playing but like to plan ahead and - from what I understand - you cannot "respec" your research.

DanielJ
Guardian

Postby DanielJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 am

Well each player has his/her own strategic but I personally don't ever use Ballista unless I want to make a damage to the player and then just leave him. And Ram do I use very often because ram only attacks the wall which makes the defender lose more troops after each attack and it takes him time to rebuild wall. And if a player gets support and his wall is down at 0, the more of his defensive troops will die like since he got no defense.
For support in game, please go to:

Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon

For support outside of the game, please go to:

http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

LordOfDonuts
Lancer

Postby LordOfDonuts » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 am

Makes sense. Thanks again!

Ascanius
Lancer

Postby Ascanius » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Tip: If you ever played Tribal Wars it's easy for you because it's practical the same ganeplay (of course, Valor is more fun ;-P

LordOfDonuts
Lancer

Postby LordOfDonuts » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:41 pm

One more question (sorry). Can I use ballistas to take down walls? I know they're less efficient but was wondering. Thanks.

SirSweetness
Lancer

Postby SirSweetness » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Ballistas are more effective than rams are in destroying walls, but they cost more in lumber and population.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Jus to let you know. You can downgrade your research on a three level world.
Go to forge, at the top click demolish, then select the unit and click 'revoke'.

RichyJoky
Lancer

Postby RichyJoky » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I personally just use some rams or mix attacks. E.g i always recruit like 70rams in each city and like 300ballistas.
In case i want to concquer a city i use ballistas on walls coz they r more effective than rams. But in mix attacks when i just want to hurt someone i use both. Rams for wall and ***** on city hall, mines or forge it depends on the scenario i am planning for

Return to “Questions”