Discussion for 2.0 Valor Changes

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Catija
Lancer

Postby Catija » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Chaos changes start with W75? I started a build in 73 thinking they'd be live there. :(

Now I have to start over again.

Edit:

Wait, so I read this in the announcement:

Competitions will kick off on Monday @ Noon (Pacific) in World 73. If you want to be a part of this inaugural event, get set up in World 73 as soon as possible. (Competitions will gradually make their way to all other Worlds as well)

Is this still true? Or will the contests start in 75 as well?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Catija wrote:Chaos changes start with W75? I started a build in 73 thinking they'd be live there. :(

Now I have to start over again.

Edit:

Wait, so I read this in the announcement:

Is this still true? Or will the contests start in 75 as well?

Contests started today in world 73. They're up and running RIGHT NOW. :D

We'll be sending out push notices to everyone who isn't reading this forum thread. We'll have contests for worlds moving forward so 75 will also have them (unless they melt the game, which we think is pretty unlikely).

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Catija wrote:PwnLaw, Just wanted to say thanks for the nice reply on the kvetching topic. Spent a lot of time pulling it together and was nice to get your response.

I was wondering, I know that you have a ton of ideas floating around but, one that I'd mentioned (and other people have as well) is that it would be nice that if you're supporting your own city, it'd actually be a reassignment of troops (farm permitting)... because, right now, I have one city being supported by 6 different cities and every time I get hit by an incoming attack, I get seven different messages... which I'd imagine is a bit of a slog on your servers. If the troops actually belonged to that city, I wouldn't get the six extra, unnecessary messages!

Wooo!

Anyway, thanks again for all your kind responses and for putting up for all of the bickering. I'm sure your work life hasn't been rosy for the last few days but it seems to have calmed down now!

I've got that on my short list for consideration. There are some things to consider with respect to farm limits, but I do think it creates some potentially interesting strategic aspects to the game.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I pushed the button.

Valor 2.0 is now live!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Got the new update. The map is really hard to read with the extra background material. Any intentions of allowing us to toggle back and forth to a simpler view?

wasjoel
Lancer

Postby wasjoel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm

construction mode is sweet guys. thanks

Yabo120
Lancer

Postby Yabo120 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

How come I don't have the option for world 73

xSmith&WessonX
Lancer

Postby xSmith&WessonX » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanx for the updates. No one can say you don't work on your game. Thats for sure. City contrast seems slightly off. Just a little bright for new map colors. Thanx again. It's a great game.

wasjoel
Lancer

Postby wasjoel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

RE post #30
Please playmesh don't implement this idea. (some) crowns already think they own us. This would remove any independence we have left and along with it any fun that is left. the game should be fun for everyone not just crowns. Other people want to play too. Crowns, we are not just here for your convenience, we want to play. Being entirely controlled by someone else is not fun.

wasjoel
Lancer

Postby wasjoel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:04 pm

BTW, I like the new map.

Return to “Event Archive”