Server down again?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Believe me guys, we're super annoyed by it as well. Lots of late nights and phone calls. Many of these e-mails have NUMEROUS exclamation points in them. I'm happy I'm just the business dude, because the server guys are putting in some serious time to get this all straightened out.

Hiarum
Lancer

Postby Hiarum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 am

Why does the down time have to be at the same time. This disadvantages people in specific time zones. This happens each time at my optimal launch time and as many have said, makes it impossible, especially when launching against very experienced players. Timing is essential and I am bamboozled as to why so much maintenance has to be done. It wasn't like this a few mths ago.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 am

There are several factors in play.
The first is player usage. One of the recent outages was cause by a server overload, where there were just too many connections because there were too many players.

The second is, playmesh knows that there are too many players and are in the process of upgrading te service to cope with the demand.

Third this is all unexpected as there was, from what I understand, a recent surge in activity. The admin team have been trying very hard to keep the server up and yet still perform the required maintainence.

Knowing the recent problems that we've been going though, I've been quite impressed with how they have managed the process, but there is some down time to be expected.
The team is now trying to limit these mainyanence sessions to announced times. Please check the forum announcements for updated information.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm

After three years of playing playmesh games, I don't even notice.

Return to “General”