Shipping Capability

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Valinor
Lancer

Shipping Capability

Postby Valinor » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:31 am

This may have been previously contemplated. Idea is to add a navy capability. I'll put my thoughts down in dot points...

- Add small seas and large lakes to Valor worlds
- Construct a Shipyard in your city
- Different level of Shipyard allows construction of different types of ships
- Vessels are used for more rapid transit between cities
- Land transport requires troops & merchants to travel around water courses or over bridges
- Barge used for transport of merchants carrying goods
- Troop carrier for troops
- Troops attacking another city leave vessel at edge of water [this forum thinks "s h o r e" is profane] then return via same vessel
- Defender can attack the vessel using ballistas, selecting the attacker's vessel in drop down menu
- If a defender successfully destroys vessel of attacker then attacking troops (a few options Ive thought of...) either: (i) walk home leaving attacker's city unguarded for longer; or, (ii) defect to defender's city (as 'permanent' support that cannot be withdrawn and doesn't use up resources of their new lord); or, (iii) are themselves killed.
- Each vessel has a maximum carrying capacity. Sailors must be recruited to sail the vessel and marines recruited to defend it. Players need to select number of marines assigned to a vessel. Each marine reduces the number of other troops or resources that can be carried.

Bridges & Ferries
- Permanent Valor bridges would be used by any player
- Additional bridges & permanent ferries could be built by guilds to facilitate water crossings
- Troops would need to be assigned to guard this guild infrastructure

Anyway, just a few ideas...

Regards,
Valinar

SanSooRonin
Lancer

Postby SanSooRonin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:53 am

I like where you're coming from, but to me this sounds like the beginning to an entirely new water/sea based Valor-type game as opposed to an update to this game.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:06 am

Very well thought out. Very detailed. The only thing is that you'd have to put water around every city. Which makes the idea useless and too much work for little gain

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 am

maybe for a new version of this game. naval battles insted of land ones

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:51 pm

No no no. I mean I AGREE with the idea but it should both land and sea based game not just sea based. There should be like islands that can fit 1-2 regions (like in Pokemon). Also each island would have its own curves and bends. The right now are in squares which looks boring.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

that my friend would make it so much more laggy if both were implemented

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Agreed mecha. Although, I do like the idea of two separate games.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Same. Two different games would be more fun. Different styles. Makes you adapt from this version

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”