defensive troops r useless.

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Squallzzp
Lancer

defensive troops r useless.

Postby Squallzzp » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:01 am

I think the defensive troops r useless, if your opponent is stronger than u,no matter how many defensive troops u have,he can also take u out. if your opponent is weaker than u,as you substitute offensive troops for defensive, you can crush him if he dare to do so. just need to hide your troops in other city for protection.

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 am

so defensive troops r just kind of psychological safty for u

Aeshna
Lancer

Postby Aeshna » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 am

*sigh*
*are *you *space after commas *you *space after commas *you *capital letter SoS^ *you (Here you spelled "you" correctly twice!) *capital letter SoS *are *safety *you

^I shortened Start of Sentence here.

I am not English native speaker, so I find it incredible hard to read messy texts like this. If you would like anyone to read what you've written, you should NOT write as if you wrote to your boyfriend.

But I can agree on that the defensive troops are a bit weak.

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:07 am

Aeshna wrote:*sigh*
*are *you *space after commas *you *space after commas *you *capital letter SoS^ *you (Here you spelled "you" correctly twice!) *capital letter SoS *are *safety *you

^I shortened Start of Sentence here.

I am not English native speaker, so I find it incredible hard to read messy texts like this. If you would like anyone to read what you've written, you should NOT write as if you wrote to your boyfriend.

But I can agree on that the defensive troops are a bit weak.

thank you very much for pointing out my inadequate behavior. As I am not English native speaker either, so my priority was make my point of view clear. not focused on many other issues. but from now on I will pay attention to that. And BTW, I'm a man.

Goldnagger
Knight

Postby Goldnagger » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 am

You may have forgotten the aspect of the wall defensive bonus. And I think it's a matter of how clever the player is and not the strenght of his offense. There is always someone who may use different tactics to take your cities from you, hence stronger than you. It's only a matter if you can call it or if thr benefits outweigh the risk.

My advice: Have a balance of offense and defense cities. You have to be able to withstand counter-attacks and protect your conquered cities.

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Goldnagger wrote:You may have forgotten the aspect of the wall defensive bonus. And I think it's a matter of how clever the player is and not the strenght of his offense. There is always someone who may use different tactics to take your cities from you, hence stronger than you. It's only a matter if you can call it or if thr benefits outweigh the risk.

My advice: Have a balance of offense and defense cities. You have to be able to withstand counter-attacks and protect your conquered cities.

I can't agree with you any more. especially these days, I've under massive attack.....I truely found out the value of the defensive troops,maybe you don't need lots of them, just a small amount of each city. when you were in a war, you would create substantial losses to your enemies,if you can use every drop of your defensive power agilely. such as mislead the enemy to attack a certain city, then accumulate all the relative small defensive troops to support that city plus the wall bonus,you can pay a little and win a lot.

Connguy
Lancer

Postby Connguy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:06 am

Just have a *****ton of guardians, they're fast, have almost the best attack, and by far the best defense. And ballistas, they're as good as rams against walls, but they can target other buildings too (ie ironmine) and have a decent defense to boot

Minotaur411
Lancer

Postby Minotaur411 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm

A few thousand defensive troops will go a lot further than you think. Having no defense means you're just a sitting duck when under attack.

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Defencive troops most definitely have there use or they wouldn't be there. But like Connguy said Guardians are by far the Superior troop. Quick to move and attack with, they kill awesome and they defend above any other offencive unit. But for those that only build Berserkers I love to find them as there asking to be conquered. And they can't do anything about it.

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 pm

To my point of view,In my world which army can't be upgraded,guardian is neither the best for defending nor attacking.It seems like every aspect of the guardian are the best, but when you divide it by the human resources cost, all of it features are actually at medium level.

Return to “Strategy”