Graphical Options & Guild Crossfire

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Soren
Lancer

Graphical Options & Guild Crossfire

Postby Soren » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm

1) In the options have "basic" option for the map. Instead of loading all of the graphics along with the worlds data, just display a simple grid with squares filled in according to whatever is there. White square for empty, gray square for barbarian, blue for guild mate, green for ally, purple for NAP, and red for enemy. Similar to the graphical mode for city view or how some websites have a "load basic html" option.

2) If a city changes hands (and becomes yours, a guild mate's city, or any ally city) while you have an outgoing attack to that city, you should be able to cancel that attack when within a certain distance of that city.

Example: Last week, 2 other people and myself targeted the same barbarian city in an attempt to conquer it, without any of us knowing about other attacks. Ally-A attacked and captured the city while my troops were still 15 minutes, and 1 hour out. My troops landed and captured the city before Ally-A's support arrived to hold it. As a result, I held the city that he had worked to capture. Then I had a second scholar due to hit in another 30 minutes, which was a potential waste of a scholar and Ally-B had an incoming attack approximately 1 hour 15 minutes out. My scholar landed, lowering loyalty to 3. In order to keep the city I had to send 2500 Guardians to the city. So when Ally-B's attack landed his 4k troops and my 2.5k guards collided, causing massive casualties. Because we couldn't cancel attacks, 2 scholars were wasted and almost 7.5k troop needlessly killed.

In reality, if a city became an ally, troops or troop commanders would be able to tell and think "Hey, we shouldn't attack them." or "Let's attack them anyway."

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm

1. Would be nice. Not sure how feasible that is though. Maybe it's extremely feasible maybe not.

2. My view has always been and remains to be, as many know, that if you launch an attack, you need to be prepared for any scenario. Plus guild CLAIMS solves crossfire

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm

You chose to send the 2500 guards in to kill your "ally's" incoming troops. You could have kept the guards at home and let him recap the city since he had it in the first place. Life is full of choices.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Agreed firefall. That seems to be the other half of the missing link here

Kondir
Lancer

Postby Kondir » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 pm

If the ally is of another guild you cannot see their claims. I attacked a friend guild by accident due to this and lost my city in one world. I think if the status of a city changes, any incoming attacks should be able to be have a choice of still attacking or backing off.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Or you could explain the situation. I've yet to come across someone who doesn't understand. I've ALS yet to come across someone who isn't willing to work out something

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 pm

That's supposed to be. Also*

Kondir
Lancer

Postby Kondir » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I tried and they attacked anyway. Really crappy. I had been farming the city and an allied guild captured a couple days later, I attacked it without noticing and got kicked from my guild and died.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Well I'm sorry bud. But it doesn't sound like a good guild to be in anyway

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”