Nr.1 in world 62 left the game

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Zekem
Lancer

Nr.1 in world 62 left the game

Postby Zekem » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:51 am

I am/was the nr.1 player in W62, leading by a BIG margin on all rankings (almost double as many points as nr.2)

Nonetheless i have left W62, and am leaving the valorgame all together.

Reasons?

Many, but there are two main reasons.

A) the game has become boring at 50+ cities. Too much micromanagement. You need to use 4+ hours pr. day at that level. Time I do not want to use on repetitive and boring game mechanics like farming and building troops (fun in the beginning, but not at this level)

B) the absolute HORRIBLE quality of the app and the online servers. Not just the fact that the app crashes every 5 minutes, loosing all cached info just updated, no also the fact that cycling thru 70+ cities requires more than 45 minutes alone...

My advice to Playmesh: Proffessionalize your software development and server operations. I work in the software industry and this product you have made fails by any measure. BIG time. Never heard about testing before releasing?Hire a good prof. Software development manager and fire your current one(s). More engineering less eyecandy.

Your game is great (in the beginning), but your app sux.

I'll look you up in a year or so, and hope you have improved.
In the meantime, my leisuretime and money goes somewhere else.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:43 am

Definitely need something to speed things up for those of us managing larger empires.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am

Someway to manage large amounts of cities is something we are looking into.

If you are crashing every 5 minutes there is definitely something wrong that can be resolved. There is an issue with a lot of crashing that can currently be resolved with turning off the Graphical City Overview in the settings menu. That should eliminate the crashing you are getting. This is something that should be resolved in the update after next.

As far as the server issues that happened a couple weeks ago it is something we have made/continue to make changes to prevent that. While we won't be able to prevent all server downtime it is something we work on reducing to as little as possible.

With the changes that are going to happen in the future I hope you return to Valor and enjoy it as much as you used to.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Orlor - what's the estimate on when we can see something to manage large numbers of cities? In the general scheme of things, I prefer we see something on that before we bring competitions in to earlier worlds.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Competitions are coming out in the next couple days, so unfortunately that won't be possible.

We are looking into a few different ways to change around city management. It is something that is still a bit far off though and I wouldn't be able to give an ETA.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Hopefully something to use all available resources to purchase scholarships is one of those options. If I just have to touch cities that actually need work, rather than each to buy scholarships, it would save me 2 hours right there.

LordMmavrick
Lancer

Postby LordMmavrick » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 am

Better army management would also be helpful particularly the ability to set squads.
And while we are at it, a decent battle planner would be awesome. Base it on a destination with the ability to coordinate attack waves from different cities.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 am

Squads thing would be nice, but as far as the rest, there are tools available to handle battle planning. Others have already asked for mass purchasing of scholarships, and I think if enough of us ask, we stand a chance of getting it. Just please don't tie it to Aurora's Blessing unless it gets fixed.

Kingarthur3
Lancer

#1 in W14

Postby Kingarthur3 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:34 am

Not sure exactly what is considered a lot, but I'm managing nearly 1300 cities and I haven't seen some of my cities in months do to the slow load, crashing, pure volume. Could use several of the suggestions mentioned to make things a bit easier! 120+ pages to manage is sick!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 am

Load problems became more prevalent when I got up to 75 cities. I'm at 150 right now and it's really an issue. There's no way I'd spend the time to manage a 1300 city empire with the way Valor is currently configured.

Return to “General”