truce limits and cool downs

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Tostrekkie
Lancer

truce limits and cool downs

Postby Tostrekkie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Truces should not be regulated. In fact, you should offer shorter time periods. I.e.: 8 hours. Sometimes, I just need a good night's sleep without worrying if I'll have a city when I wake up. And the reason behind cool down periods are simply to keep the game from stalling with truced players, but there are plenty active players to carry on the mayhem. If players have the money and want to utilize the tactic, they should have that right. You don't regulate how often a player can buy resources or use the prestige option. This shouldn't be restricted, either. Because real life intrudes and there aRe times we need to be away from the game. Our absence doesn't stop the other players attacking our cities. So let us have the truces we want when we want them. And give us shorter times. Like eight hours for 25 coins.
Trekkie, Warp Ten!

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok. Right off, I've dealt with players that would constant truce once it got to that point. And there are players that practically live on their phones and would truce the moment one attack came in.

Guild tripwires are rather beneficial when you're away.

But the 8-hour truce is interesting. I bet people would buy that just as much if not more than the 24-hour one.

Zombish
Lancer

Postby Zombish » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Truce should never be regulated, ever.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:28 am

Definitely agree with REGULATING truces. Taking down a player now that buys a truce as often as he can. My guild tracks when he bought it, and we just time our attacks to begin when the truce ends. So far, he's lost about 40 cities since we started hammering him. As far as the 8 hour option - you can always call it off if you just want 8 hours. I like the fact you have to pay for the full 24 - makes you think long and hard about it.

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I've seen players put a majority of their cities under Truce for 168+ hours. Why should Truce be regulated? It isn't in the real world. Want an example? The "Korean War" ended 27 July 1953 - with a truce that is still in effect today. That was 59 years ago last month.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 pm

24 hours is the limit and then you have 24 hours from the time it ends (expires or you cancel early). So, 168+ hours isn't possible. The truce symbol does tend to linger, thus giving the illusion it's still in effect. Easy to check by attacking.

Bad example bringing the real world into it. In the real world, any side can break a ceasefire at any time. Can't do that in Valor. Anyone wishing permanent peace should consider playing FarmVille. Your neighbors don't attack you there (or so I'm told).

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:44 pm

LordFirefall wrote:24 hours is the limit and then you have 24 hours from the time it ends (expires or you cancel early). So, 168+ hours isn't possible. The truce symbol does tend to linger, thus giving the illusion it's still in effect. Easy to check by attacking.

Bad example bringing the real world into it. In the real world, any side can break a ceasefire at any time. Can't do that in Valor. Anyone wishing permanent peace should consider playing FarmVille. Your neighbors don't attack you there (or so I'm told).

I'll add to this if I may. Specifically, bringing in the real world. What was signed does not equal what valor uses the same word for. In valor, it is basically a temporary ceasefire. Perhaps a better equivalent would be the "Christmas Day Truce" during WWI, when both sides stooped fighting for Christmas Day but resumed the next.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”