Arikthered
Lancer

Postby Arikthered » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am

About 27 hours now. ugh so far behind now

sancheezy
Knight

24h Mark

Postby sancheezy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am

24h mark (on top of maintenance) that Valor has been down.

hysopia
Lancer

Postby hysopia » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 am

Wow, this truly sucks. I am too a crown, involved in a gyild war... can you hire some competant people temporarily to fix this issue?

j1derly
Lancer

Postby j1derly » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:11 am

Kindle fire still down

psymbiosis
Lancer

Postby psymbiosis » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 am

Is there seriously no update yet?

ElCid
Lancer

Postby ElCid » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 am

FAIL!!!

Kindle Fire... STILL DOWN... Seriously, no update or resolution over 24 hours???

In the meantime, I have 0 idea what's going on with my cities. You guys have automatically created a major disadvantage to all Droid players and a major advantage to everyone else.

Maybe all of this is a good thing. I'd like to get my life back and since this game is a total time suck, perhaps this is the impetus for my departure. Gonna wait to see what, if anything, they'll do to compensate and make a judgement call from there...

Dimas187
Lancer

Postby Dimas187 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

If it weren't for the friendships and commitment to our friends playing this game, we'd all would have left hrs ago. Android users were an after thought in their plans to further make money and simply did not vest the time and effort to have the same quality game experience that ios players have.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I do apologize for the delay in the update this morning as the meeting regarding this was just completed.

First thing, all cities in all worlds will be perma truced for Amazon Marketplace Android users. What this means is that nobody will be able to attack you until you are able to log in again.

As for when you are able to login this is something being worked on from multiple sides. We are attempting to get an expedited verify by Amazon in order to update the client to a version where you can connect. This process if expedited can still take a few days.

We are also getting ready in the next few days to release a version of Valor on Google Global. What this means is that everybody would be able to download (except for Kindle Fire users, more about that below) that version when it is released. It would still have all your cities etc even though you originally downloaded Valor from Amazon.

The only issue with the Google Global is that it does not support the Kindle Fire. So those users will need to wait until that new version is available on Amazon again.

All cities will be perma truced until you have the capability to log in again. So the length of that truce might be different depending on if you have a kindle fire or not.

Also every player that had this happen will also receive some gold for this issue. This is something you will need to contact the support team though to collect. Please do this step once you are able to log in again.

ElCid
Lancer

Postby ElCid » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Orlor wrote:I do apologize for the delay in the update this morning as the meeting regarding this was just completed.

First thing, all cities in all worlds will be perma truced for Amazon Marketplace Android users. What this means is that nobody will be able to attack you until you are able to log in again.

As for when you are able to login this is something being worked on from multiple sides. We are attempting to get an expedited verify by Amazon in order to update the client to a version where you can connect. This process if expedited can still take a few days.

We are also getting ready in the next few days to release a version of Valor on Google Global. What this means is that everybody would be able to download (except for Kindle Fire users, more about that below) that version when it is released. It would still have all your cities etc even though you originally downloaded Valor from Amazon.

The only issue with the Google Global is that it does not support the Kindle Fire. So those users will need to wait until that new version is available on Amazon again.

All cities will be perma truced until you have the capability to log in again. So the length of that truce might be different depending on if you have a kindle fire or not.

Also every player that had this happen will also receive some gold for this issue. This is something you will need to contact the support team though to collect. Please do this step once you are able to log in again.

Well, that's all fine and good but what about those of us who will inevitably lose some, if not all, of our cities during the time the servers came back on yesterday until the "Perma Truce" goes into effect?

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Orlor,

Not to be a pain but I have both. My major account (with 3 different worlds and a total of 30+ cities as well as all my gold and boosts) are running on a Kindle Fire. I also have a Samsung Galaxy with no active accounts or gold. I know a transfer wasn’t able to happen in the past but would this be an option in the future? I appreciate the Truce but I doubt I will have a top 100 ranking (which I have in more than one world). I guess the biggest consideration is the opportunity cost which never seems to be acknowledged here.

Unless Playmesh has a time machine I dont know about... ;-)

Return to “Event Archive”