Fortune Upgrade

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Crypto wrote:Rather then having to upgrade your wheel why don't have it work off the amount of amulets you have? 1 amulet is normal wheel, 5 amulets is the same but with more resources and better speed ups, 10 more resources again and the main prize might be a scholarship, 20 same a 10 with a scholar then 50 amulets, 2.5 hour speed ups, 1 random resource having a 100 thousand pay off while the other resources have a 25 thousand plus a chance to win scholars eg.

This also sounds good. Though the requirements you listed in your example is to small. They should get bumped up by 10. Like for example your requirment for 5 now becomes 15.

Bailey98
Knight

Postby Bailey98 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 am

I like the idea. Just one problem. If the fortune gets upgraded, there would be better items right? There should then be a menu in the fortune that says which fortune to use, like level 1 or 2? The level 2 then should cost 2 medalions and so on. Or to be fairer, level 1: 1 medal. Level 2: 2 medal. Level 3: 4 medal. Level 4: 8 medal and so on. It is only fair because the speed ups cost more as they get better. Tell me if it is a bad idea

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 pm

You guys want to know a secret?

An upgradable Wheel of Fortune was the first thing I designed for PlayMesh. I made each tile upgradable on the Wheel so you can gain all sorts of shenanigans prizes (mass resources, gold, fighter jets). It was epic. Too epic. We realized players would stop upgrading their City Hall in favor of plowing all of their resources into the Wheel so we decided to mothball it.

Sometimes, late at night, I'll open that Wheel of Fortune spec and dream. The simple fact is that it adds an element of randomness to an otherwise deeply strategic game. I don't necessarily object to that fact, but if the rewards were valuable and scaleable into the late game, there is certainly the potential for abuse. It also doesn't advance the state of the game much, which means I'd be prioritizing something I think was cool over something I think was useful (like multi-city management).

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 pm

PwnLaw wrote:You guys want to know a secret?

An upgradable Wheel of Fortune was the first thing I designed for PlayMesh. I made each tile upgradable on the Wheel so you can gain all sorts of shenanigans prizes. It was epic. Too epic. We realize players would stop upgrading their City Hall in favor of plowing all of their resources into the Wheel so we decided to mothball it.

Sometimes, late at night, I'll open that Wheel of Fortune spec and dream.

The actual spec: tldr

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm

bananabandana wrote:The actual spec: tldr

Screenshot saved for next performance review.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”