Automated scholarships

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
ARHS
Lancer

Automated scholarships

Postby ARHS » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:49 am

Nothing more time consuming than this and it's not fun.
Academy should have a settings button. In there one should find,
Auto on-off
Once on, options should be:
-When wood is full
-When clay is full
-When ironis full
-As soon as recourses are available.

More scholarships means more scholars. And more scholars means more attacks which means more prestige/medics/truce.

At 100 cities it takes 1/2 hour minimum to collect scholarships. That's a lot of time not having fun.

Xanion
Lancer

Postby Xanion » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

ARHS wrote:Nothing more time consuming than this and it's not fun.
Academy should have a settings button. In there one should find,
Auto on-off
Once on, options should be:
-When wood is full
-When clay is full
-When ironis full
-As soon as recourses are available.

More scholarships means more scholars. And more scholars means more attacks which means more prestige/medics/truce.

At 100 cities it takes 1/2 hour minimum to collect scholarships. That's a lot of time not having fun.

Yeah, autocreating scholarschips... That would be a huge improvement....
But first, have them solve the current problems or they have no players left for their game.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:53 pm

I agree that for players who get to the point of 50+ cities, scholarship farming becomes a pretty tedious task. There have been numerous suggestions from both the game developers and the community to address this problem, such as:

-Automated scholarship purchase (as stated above)
-Semi-auto scholarship purchase (purchases scholarships from selected cities after user logs on or from some other user/action-related trigger)
-Mass scholarship purchase (similar to mass recruit from Aurora's Blessing)
-Centralized scholarship purchase (have an academy interface that includes all academies owned by player in that world)

I'd definitely like to see more suggestions on how to approach this issue from community members. Keep the ideas coming!

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Maybe we could increase the speed at which scholarships are bought by adding a text box which pops up saying "are you super duper sure?" before actually adding the scholarship.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:00 pm

I like this idea of automated scholarship-buying. Just please make it to where you can choose more than one requirement for the system to purchase and have the system follow all guidelines puppy choose

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:01 pm

You* not puppy

Hawk45
Knight

Postby Hawk45 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm for this as always!!!! Please help us.

Nail80
Lancer

Postby Nail80 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I agree, it would save a lot of time having a a quick or auto schoarship training would save a lot of time flicking between city's and would make for a better game over all

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I would suggest some sort of option where you could view the academy area of more than 1 city at a time, say 10 or 20, and have them in a list with the scholarship scroll bar in front of the cities so that you could create scholarships for 10 to 20 cities at a time. Would be great in the later parts of a game when you have 50-100 cities.

LadyJell
Lancer

Postby LadyJell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 am

It sounds nice nice to have a automated scholarship buying option. But i would also like to see not only the amound of scholars i have in total, but also where they are. It seems i always have to scroll trough all my cities, with a pen and paper next to me, to find my scholars.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”