scholarships vs scholars

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Pharian
Lancer

scholarships vs scholars

Postby Pharian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 pm

The whole idea that you need 2 scholarships to get a second scholar, and a total of 6 to get 3 is stupid. Ridiculously stupid. Who thought up that idea? They need a spanking.

What a waste of time and resources, and a foolish way to arbitrarily remove elements of realism from the game for no particular purpose. If you get a scholarship you get a scholarship, you don't need to find three if you are the third student at university. How stupid. Thumbs down.

This is seriously making me consider not playing this game anymore, and I only just started.

Crypto
Lancer

Postby Crypto » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:24 pm

You just started... Key words... So what I think your saying is 1 scholarship = 1 scholar... What would happen when a player like me with well over 1000 scholarships get involved? I would have currently 968 scholars on that world... Once you get past the grind of the first few cities scholars are easy I get atleast 3 a day all of which need over 30 scholarships and it isn't hard you just need to farm and manage resources having a 1:1 scholar/scholarships ratio would just be a dumb Idea and will never ever even be considered a possibility in 150 years...

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Good way to break it down Crypto. Without the progressive scholarship requirement, big players would rule the worlds with ease.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Good explanation Crypto. Yeah. Once you past the first few cities, resources will be no issue. And the progressive is to hinder bigger players

Xanion
Lancer

Postby Xanion » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 am

Scholarships are staying in line with your cities. With scholars you cap new cities, meaning more resources. So, the number of scholarships needed for new scholar goes up in the same line your resources come in. Crypto explained quite well.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

yup agree there. i already have over 7,000 scholarships in a world and if i could get 1 scholar for each of them id rule the world by now
it would be too easy to smash people down

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”