Valor city data dump or API

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 am

Rasputin wrote:Did anything ever happen with this? I'd love to have access to an API, just to help better manage my cities/worlds - and any tools I build, I would of course make available to all.

It is something still on our list of awesome things to have in Valor. It might be something we take a look at again once we get through our next set of feature releases.

snurrings
Lancer

Postby snurrings » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm

This is one of the best suggestions i've read. Being a systems engineer and programmer the thought of having an API would add even more joy of playing the game. With an API there is numerous things that could've been done.
Things of interest to read out from an API could be (from the top of my head):

* City status of your own or a guildmates city (Input: world, cords - Output: City info like a scout report + building queue, troops queue, farm space used, farm space limit, warehouse limit)
* Guild info: (Input: world, tag - Output: Guild members, number of cities, cords and points)
* Simulator (input/output like simulator in game)
* Walktime calculator (Input: world, from cords, to cords - Output: Walktime for all units)
* Rankings (input: world, region (all, r<xy>), category (guilds, players), type (points, KSD, KSA, KST), range - output: rankings)
* Incoming attacks (input: world, playername - output: attackers cords, target cords (own), landing time)

Also:
A more complete guild management system would be great. I'm pretty sure ive seen more people asking for this.
Some functions could be:
* Guild member logs (who joined and left at what times)
* Guild mail system (crowns, generals, capts, members, all)
* Guild squads (possibility to define squads and add members to squads)

Map pinch to zoom functionality would be great

And last - Auroras blessing should be enabled as default (free included function). It's crazy to make us pay for a dashboard that provides information that really should be included!

LordWhite87
Lancer

Oh Man. THIS! Give us THIS!

Postby LordWhite87 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 am

I've been pushing through to aggregate city data for W100 for my Guild (R3DH, and R3DC). So far we are using a google docs form, which feeds a spreadsheet, which I then output to a custom chart using the Google Chart Wizard API.

It will give us a great visualization of where our cities are, and if we have enough energy to input all allies and enemies, it will help IMMENSELY with our battle planning.

What we really need is a way to export or access the list of cities in our guild. It can even be a text-based output. Just something so I don't have to spam my guild with a custom form or enter them 1x1 on my own.

(here is a limited example of the output) http://bit.ly/RJBqAC

Keep up the good work folks!!

LordWhite87
Lancer

Postby LordWhite87 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 am

snurrings wrote:And last - Auroras blessing should be enabled as default (free included function). It's crazy to make us pay for a dashboard that provides information that really should be included!

I've got to second this opinion. Expecting users to continue playing, when they reach even 30+ cities, without some kind of mass action/data aggregator is just cruel. If there was an end-game (IE cities could be destroyed, or auto build after X number of cities were captured) this might not be necessary.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”