Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Cynderwolf wrote:Has there been any mention of refunding gold for lost time on res boost, prestige, build que increase, etc?

I just want to put it into perspective here, the game has been down what 4 hours? Even if you have all boosts running and queue extender that translates into (200 gold @ 168hrs (7 days) = 1.19 gold an hour). That means a whopping 5 pieces of gold...probably not worth going down this route at this time. May have a legitimate claim with prestige for a small amount more but wait until you can assess the damage before asking for any compensation.

(Also remember Playmesh has overhead to respond to tickets...)

Again, not Playmesh's fault. Complain to Amazon (they have deeper pockets too)!

DevAuto
Lancer

Extra Sleep Period

Postby DevAuto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah, an extra sleep period would be great ... if I had anything in my queue to build while sleeping! I was trying to add buildings to my queue when Valor went down. I timed by break at work to coincide with my build queue, so that I could add more to it when I was on break.

Well, it was a good plan anyway ....

Pidge
Lancer

Postby Pidge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh I get it. That's a bit sensitive though, no?

Theassassin17
Knight

Postby Theassassin17 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

sancheezy wrote:I just want to put it into perspective here, the game has been down what 4 hours? Even if you have all boosts running and queue extender that translates into (200 gold @ 168hrs (7 days) = 1.19 gold an hour). That means a whopping 5 pieces of gold...probably not worth going down this route at this time. May have a legitimate claim with prestige for a small amount more but wait until you can assess the damage before asking for any compensation.

Well put my friend!
Semper Fidelis

Theassassin17
Knight

Postby Theassassin17 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

sancheezy wrote:I just want to put it into perspective here, the game has been down what 4 hours? Even if you have all boosts running and queue extender that translates into (200 gold @ 168hrs (7 days) = 1.19 gold an hour). That means a whopping 5 pieces of gold...probably not worth going down this route at this time. May have a legitimate claim with prestige for a small amount more but wait until you can assess the damage before asking for any compensation.

Well put my friend!
Semper Fidelis

Cynderwolf
Lancer

Postby Cynderwolf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

DevAuto wrote:Okay, enough is enough. This is NOT the playmesh crew's fault! Gripe at Amazon if you must gripe at someone, but stop hammering at Orlor! It isn't about how much money they have earned, it is about the AWS problem, and that is outside of their control. Like everyone, I am affected by the outage as well, but realize that there is NOTHING Playmesh folks can do about it, it is out of their hands. Just sit back and troll the forums until Valor comes back on line.

I so t know about anyone else but I didn't get the idea ppl were blaming playmesh for this at all. Most have reasonable questions that have to so with both the gaming and the business side if this. So before you go of guns blazing perhaps you should step back and let the questions be asked. Olo and the crew have nothing more to do at this point then to answer our questions since they are waiting just like the rest of us. From what I can see all questions that have been asked are fine. Including those asking for information about compensation for time lost. A great deal of players have spent real money on this and have the right to ask about compensation. Whether they get it or not is up to olo and the gang. Either way I am happy with them and the game.

Cynderwolf
Lancer

Postby Cynderwolf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Should have read " I don't know about anyone else"

Theassassin17
Knight

Postby Theassassin17 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Cynderwolf wrote:Should have read " I don't know about anyone else"

You can go back in and edit posts
Semper Fidelis

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 pm

And following what sancheezy said playmesh has every right to sue amazon for causing this problem in the first place with:
Loss of customer
Loss of income
Loss of reputation..

Playmesh has been hit harder then your few gold coins.. Maybe you shouldn't use coins and play without them like most people? Really relax the world is not going to end unless somehow I managed to be the only one who could get on with unlimited coins for a week... Hmmm :D

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57537499-92/amazon-cloud-outage-impacts-reddit-airbnb-flipboard/

Here is another article about how many people are affected...you should be upset with Amazon (I imagine anyone of working age has a 401(k) or investments and therefore Amazon stock most likely in a technology fund or ETF). Be upset at them ...their stock got hammered today because of this...

Return to “Event Archive”