Separating gold users from non-gold users?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Because it would give them a choice. I prefer my method. When my neighbors get to a certain point threshold, I take their city. They have no choice in the matter ;)

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Haha good for you.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I hope I'm never one of your neighboring enemies.

YuNgDro
Lancer

Postby YuNgDro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Sure they do they can demolish certain key buildings so you cant attack which would be the rally point. If im not mistaken can you still attack if rally point is demolished

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

YuNgDro wrote:Sure they do they can demolish certain key buildings so you cant attack which would be the rally point. If im not mistaken can you still attack if rally point is demolished

No, the rally point is where you get your troops assembled to attack. If your rally point is destroyed, all attacks and defenses are essentially knocked out.

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I agree perhaps have a world where there is no store etc for the use of coins however I don't think you can say gold only worlds as people won't use gold that much..

Timlohtk
Lancer

Does it really matter?

Postby Timlohtk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Come on peeps, it's just a game. Whether someone buys gold or not, it doesn't really matter. It's their choice. There's nothing to stop you from going after them if you wanted to.

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Timlohtk wrote:Come on peeps, it's just a game. Whether someone buys gold or not, it doesn't really matter. It's their choice. There's nothing to stop you from going after them if you wanted to.

One of the things clearly stated in the messages was the fact that a village was being conquered by a non gold user and the gold user used a truce, being cowardly to start with, this is a war game not a friendly game and gives an unfair advantage to people using gold, truce's only stop you being attacked not stopping you from attacking, a gold user could theoretically use truces 24/7 and be completely immune to any attacks while they conquer many cities.
I think while some gold use does not effect the impact the game, a fast farmer can counteract res boosts, an active player can keep q's full however no level of skill or activity can stop you being attacked

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Nutterboy wrote:One of the things clearly stated in the messages was the fact that a village was being conquered by a non gold user and the gold user used a truce, being cowardly to start with, this is a war game not a friendly game and gives an unfair advantage to people using gold, truce's only stop you being attacked not stopping you from attacking, a gold user could theoretically use truces 24/7 and be completely immune to any attacks while they conquer many cities.
I think while some gold use does not effect the impact the game, a fast farmer can counteract res boosts, an active player can keep q's full however no level of skill or activity can stop you being attacked

Couple things in there that aren't correct.

Truce prevents both incoming attacks and outgoing attacks. While you are in truce you are not able to send out any attack waves.

Truce also has a 24 hour cooldown. So no matter how long you used Truce (max of 24 hours or little as 1 minute) before it was cancelled you must wait 24 hours before it is used again.

So at the very most a person who buys Truce every time they can will be open to attacks every other day.

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Well - some people use hundreds (a few even thousands) of gold on the first week. Other players - who are also skilled - use the same amount over the course of an entire world. It is part of the game - and just another thing you need to work out to win a world. It might make your life easier with gold but it won't win a world for you.

As for the beginning of the game - some of us are able to grow way faster than others, without spending gold. To get academy within BP - you need to spend loads of gold. But to grow much faster than most - you need skill and time

Return to “General”