Valor Scheduled Maintenance [Look Here]

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Orlor

Postby Orlor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm

If there was time for advanced notice it would of been given. Unfortunately in this case there was not.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes, a separate thread would be nice, but we WERE warned! That counts for SOMETHING! This is the only game I've played where the staff actually seems to care about what it's customers think.

Coleosis
Lancer

Postby Coleosis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I agree, the update is for the beta version. Which is a test for a huge upgrade for valor for some lucky players, this is an attempt for us to get a better experience! We were warned, yes not a game wide message in your face but we need to cut the staff some slack, they are trying to make everything quick and painless but all for our benefit! Apparently the game may be back in an hour, so not the end of the world. I can't wait for Beta!

tskk
Lancer

Postby tskk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Orlor wrote:If there was time for advanced notice it would of been given. Unfortunately in this case there was not.

Im wondering how the staff decided to start updating? I thought it would be planned ahead of time, so that there is enough staff present to carry out the update and duties assigned appropriately?

Surely you just don't randomly choose when to roll out the update... or
some playmesh boss flipping a coin and deciding it's time... or anything like that...

Just trying to understand how stuff works in PlayMesh so i can give more constructive feedback.

Tskk. w100

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

If you look through the applicable threads, there is information out there. The update roll out was planned, but they are at the mercy of Apple as to the when. As far as this downtime, they've mentioned the plan was to roll the update without having to bring down the game. That part wasn't successful, which is why it's down now. So, that's why we didn't have any warning.

Take a deep breath, go do something in real life, and realize things like this happen on occasion.

Persesus
Lancer

Postby Persesus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Shouldn't beta testing be done on beta servers?

Crikey if I changed my servers live, my customers would have my head!

bobalon2000
Knight

Postby bobalon2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I think... we should be happy of the update and the change. (as long as it isn't going to be down for ever) and as long as it also affects androids playing thing-a-mabob
When the world was made Valor was meant to be, and so was food and bunch of communist wars and political things that I can't even pretend to understand.

GillesYow
Lancer

Play mesh dropped the ball by not creating this thread in the first place

Postby GillesYow » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 pm

I appreciate that scheduled downtime can/does happen, but I think that play mesh itself should have created this thread, instead of waiting for one of us to do it, and then only responding some hour or so later. How long does it take to say "our servers are down"?

Also, I think that on the valor startup splash screen, if the thing won't connect, then there should be a link to here, with the "current valor status" and expected return time.... If known... :) sure it breaks the atmosphere, but so does "can't connect, check your Internet".

Also it's not clear how apple is responsible for this down time. I already have the app (whichever version, in my case the pre-beta version). i'm pretty sure i'mnot going through apple to get to your server, so why can't it connect to your server? Are you trying to suggest that Apple is taking down your server? Makes no sense to me. If apple was involved I would expect a "an update is available" notice, nothing more.
If then, I download it and it won't connect it still not Apple's fault is it?

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Wel for me it means no playing all evening and it looks like I not even going to be able to start some long build for the night. :-(
Today was a busy day at work so no playing before now either.

They have this nice feature showing messages at Valor startup. Would it have been that hard to put up a warning about the msintenance? Even a 12h warning would have helped.

tskk
Lancer

Postby tskk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

LordFirefall wrote:If you look through the applicable threads, there is information out there.

Could you link me to the appropriate thread? So i can keep myself informed next time?

Thanks
Tskk. w100

Return to “General”