Growing Frustration

General topics and discussion on Valor.
GTCW
Lancer

Growing Frustration

Postby GTCW » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Have been playing this game for very long time (W36 & still playing). Right now this game is at its worst, with consistent freezing, error messages, extremely long load times etc. STOP wasting time on cosmetic changes and make this game function smoothly and without any hiccups. Once you accomplish that then you can move forward on cosmetic updates.
No I've not done the most recent update because I'm afraid that ill get stuck trying to use some new operating system that only you (Valor) are interested in. We have constantly said as users we don't like it yet you always try and push it through, enough already.
Kakao is full of post asking if other people game is working because some cant get on or game won't allow them to attack or updates cites or any number of issues.

All we want is an operational, reliable game we are all fine with it the way it is now.

Sincerely
Running out of patience.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

GTCW wrote:Have been playing this game for very long time (W36 & still playing). Right now this game is at its worst, with consistent freezing, error messages, extremely long load times etc. STOP wasting time on cosmetic changes and make this game function smoothly and without any hiccups. Once you accomplish that then you can move forward on cosmetic updates.
No I've not done the most recent update because I'm afraid that ill get stuck trying to use some new operating system that only you (Valor) are interested in. We have constantly said as users we don't like it yet you always try and push it through, enough already.
Kakao is full of post asking if other people game is working because some cant get on or game won't allow them to attack or updates cites or any number of issues.

All we want is an operational, reliable game we are all fine with it the way it is now.

Sincerely
Running out of patience.

We are working on resolving any bugs or issues that came out of Valor 3.0 .

In order to have the best Valor experience though I do suggest updating to Valor 3.0. We use that as the base for all bug fixing and any other issues.

To join any new worlds or use any of the new features that will be coming to all worlds (graphical movement and zoomable map) you will need to have Valor 3.0 or above.

The full list of what you are missing out of with not having Valor 3.0 can be found here .

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 am

Orlor, please read the others threads we already did about valor issues: who has many cities has big issue in managing incomings in new release because does not know were they are hitting till he finds the city/cities under attack entering and updating it or getting reports. It is not so difficult while you play with 10-20 cities but when you have hundreds of cities to check you often loose your city or get it leveled before you can find out attacks.

there is no way to play release 3.0 or 3.1 being able to manage incomings. You must have and old release to check incomings using old portal and then switching to new release going to city under attack, updating twice and maybe then you can see incomings and support the city in release 3.x

i can do it because i never updated HD valor so i use updated NotHD and old HD Valor. otherwise best advise is: NOT DOWNLOAD Trial by sword until incomings bug is fixed.

About new features?
- i liked Valor because it required strategy. which strategy do you need to play a 2hr lasting world? No thanks.
- New little worlds of 1-5K players each? Too fast, no strategy in choosing which troop to develop: why do you continue to make 1 tier level worlds? so again no thanks
- zoomable map and graphical movement? cool ideas proposed by players. i will enjoy them once you introduce them in old worlds BUT no bigger lags or new issues due to those cosmetic updates.

maybe you have good feedback from new players or people enjoying new features. i cannot see how many players join little or speed worlds but i am collecting frustration of old players, exactly like GTCW

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 am

KMT wrote:Orlor, please read the others threads we already did about valor issues: who has many cities has big issue in managing incomings in new release because does not know were they are hitting till he finds the city/cities under attack entering and updating it or getting reports. It is not so difficult while you play with 10-20 cities but when you have hundreds of cities to check you often loose your city or get it leveled before you can find out attacks.

there is no way to play release 3.0 or 3.1 being able to manage incomings. You must have and old release to check incomings using old portal and then switching to new release going to city under attack, updating twice and maybe then you can see incomings and support the city in release 3.x

i can do it because i never updated HD valor so i use updated NotHD and old HD Valor. otherwise best advise is: NOT DOWNLOAD Trial by sword until incomings bug is fixed.

About new features?
- i liked Valor because it required strategy. which strategy do you need to play a 2hr lasting world? No thanks.
- New little worlds of 1-5K players each? Too fast, no strategy in choosing which troop to develop: why do you continue to make 1 tier level worlds? so again no thanks
- zoomable map and graphical movement? cool ideas proposed by players. i will enjoy them once you introduce them in old worlds BUT no bigger lags or new issues due to those cosmetic updates.

maybe you have good feedback from new players or people enjoying new features. i cannot see how many players join little or speed worlds but i am collecting frustration of old players, exactly like GTCW

- Just FYI, drop in a SpeedWorld without strategy, and you'll last 10 minutes. But yeah, it's nearly antoher game than usual Valor, so another strategies to try.

- I like having 1-5k players, mostly actives, than 50k with just 1% actives after a month, and lots of barbed cities to take. I like fighting players, not empty cities. And 1-5k players worlds may last 5-8 month I think, till it end (the end is clearly ruled :-D); I think it's better than other worlds (world 1 is still on, and early worlds are fulfilled with plenty barbs, and having some players > 500 cities sim-citying and attacking a little bit each others).

- OK, there's lots of frustration, Human don't like changing his habits by nature, and new bugs appeared, several being really dangerous. But, I think it's worth, I like the new challenges and the way the game changes and evoluted.

I know, I think a lot, but I prefer thinking, and giving my though to PM people, than complaining ;-p

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

KMT wrote:Orlor, please read the others threads we already did about valor issues: who has many cities has big issue in managing incomings in new release because does not know were they are hitting till he finds the city/cities under attack entering and updating it or getting reports. It is not so difficult while you play with 10-20 cities but when you have hundreds of cities to check you often loose your city or get it leveled before you can find out attacks.

About new features?

To address each in turn:

1) Speed worlds essentially take a 3-4 day war over cities and condense it into a 2 hour battle. Not for everyone, but there is no possible way to win if you do not apply some strategic thought.

2) Not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. 1k & 5k worlds will likely take months to resolve, but the operative word is that they will resolve. Which troops you chose and how you deploy them is deeply important. More importantly, the battles will be between active players rather than expansion by taking over ghost towns. This means every move you make will be contested and require strategic thought. We make Tier 1 worlds because we have received consistent data showing a strong player preference for them.

3) Performance is always a priority and I can appreciate your viewpoint of this. I'll add that these changes create an additional layer of strategic depth by bringing information to a player more quickly.

As for the incoming issue, I agree. That's something we've already got in the works to resolve. :D

Return to “General”