Why can't we?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
DRUNKonROOTbeer
Lancer

Why can't we?

Postby DRUNKonROOTbeer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:04 pm

It bothers me that we can't send resources to our own cities within the 2 week limit.
I believe this should be lifted with the new update making it possible to have another city the first day the world is open.
The lift, though, should ONLY apply to your own cities, to keep a balance on people with multiple devices.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm

If you are able to send to only your own city on day one, where would you send the resources to? You won't have a second city to send from!

Sirboland
Knight

Postby Sirboland » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm

DRUNKonROOTbeer wrote:It bothers me that we can't send resources to our own cities within the 2 week limit.
I believe this should be lifted with the new update making it possible to have another city the first day the world is open.
The lift, though, should ONLY apply to your own cities, to keep a balance on people with multiple devices.

Well if you took a barb and upgraded its resourses and market, People would just make it like their main has like 3x the resourses early, This rule prevents users from building to fast. A City being funded by 3 barbs off the start would first of all it would be more beneficial than using 50gold to boost resourses.

DRUNKonROOTbeer
Lancer

Postby DRUNKonROOTbeer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Krumbz613 wrote:If you are able to send to only your own city on day one, where would you send the resources to? You won't have a second city to send from!

You can conquer a barbarian city the first day you play a world now if you do it right.

DRUNKonROOTbeer
Lancer

Postby DRUNKonROOTbeer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Sirboland wrote:Well if you took a barb and upgraded its resourses and market, People would just make it like their main has like 3x the resourses early, This rule prevents users from building to fast. A City being funded by 3 barbs off the start would first of all it would be more beneficial than using 50gold to boost resourses.

You make a good point, but do you realize that this is a strategy game, and that there is no such thing as building "too fast" (outside of cheating) also the great thing about this is there would already be a balance to it if it were introduced. Say someone does start funding their main city with their barbs. First of all, this would leave his or her barbs completely defenseless unless he or she spends some resources on troops. If they leave it defenseless you could take that city to prevent faster growth than yours. Don't forget that barb cities only produce resources at 80% rate of the paladin cities AND they build slower due to a lvl 15 city hall cap AND the city hall takes extreme amounts of time and resources to upgrade, so by the time someone could fortify a barb city with a respectable amount of troops and a wall and make it a good resource city in which you could transport resources to other cities with an efficient benefit, I in no way see how this would be overpowered.

Return to “General”