Upcoming worlds

General topics and discussion on Valor.
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

KMT wrote:As i already said in other posts i will try new little worlds (i am not a big fan of new features but i will try anyway) once you guys fix old issues & multicity management.
Right now i can join a new world but i have no time to play in it (really playing: i do not give up after few weeks like somebody does) unless i stop my daily boring wasting time management duties

MCM spec is pretty much complete and it's prioritized for development during January. The incoming attack filter will be in there earlier (we need to wait for the store to open up).

Glad you guys will give them a shot. They were specifically designed for our hardcore users that enjoy the competitive aspects of Valor.

The00Drew
Lancer

Postby The00Drew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Question: what is the difference between 1k and 5k and why no more world names?
The 👀Drew🌀™

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 pm

The00Drew wrote:Question: what is the difference between 1k and 5k and why no more world names?

1k worlds have a maximum population of 1000 players with a guild cap of 25 members.

5k worlds have a maximum population of 5000 players with a guild cap of 50 members.

Both types share the single of objective of 1 guild left standing (i.e. 1 guild conquers all Lord-type cities in the world). So, if you imagined an even spread between guild members, at the end of a world each member of a 50-member guild in a 5k world would have about 100 Lord-type cities. Each member of a 25-member, 1k world would have about 40.

Play-wise, 5k worlds are very packed with lots of action compared to old worlds. Consider 5k worlds the entry level of the new way of Valor: early-game action with lots of tension.

1k worlds are EVEN MORE packed with tons of action compared to 5k worlds. Consider 1k worlds the veteran level of the new way of Valor.

Worlds are being created ever couple days now, so a traditional naming convention would just become highly difficult to organize, plus the majority of players referred to their worlds by number anyway. If you'd like to give a nickname to your world, you are welcome to do so.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

bananabandana wrote:1k worlds have a maximum population of 1000 players with a guild cap of 25 members.

5k worlds have a maximum population of 5000 players with a guild cap of 50 members.

Both types share the single of objective of 1 guild left standing (i.e. 1 guild conquers all Lord-type cities in the world). So, if you imagined an even spread between guild members, at the end of a world each member of a 50-member guild in a 5k world would have about 100 Lord-type cities. Each member of a 25-member, 1k world would have about 40.

Play-wise, 5k worlds are very packed with lots of action compared to old worlds. Consider 5k worlds the entry level of the new way of Valor: early-game action with lots of tension.

1k worlds are EVEN MORE packed with tons of action compared to 5k worlds. Consider 1k worlds the veteran level of the new way of Valor.

Worlds are being created ever couple days now, so a traditional naming convention would just become highly difficult to organize, plus the majority of players referred to their worlds by number anyway. If you'd like to give a nickname to your world, you are welcome to do so.

Also, 1k worlds DO NOT have new players routed to them. They're all people playing on at least their second world. It's sort of the professional Valorian world. 5k worlds have new players.

The00Drew
Lancer

Postby The00Drew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Aha. Thanks.
I'll name my current world : Drewopolis
The 👀Drew🌀™

Kimakaze77
Lancer

Postby Kimakaze77 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Actually, the smaller worlds sound much better. The massive worlds always ended up having a ton of people become inactive. I'll try one after I finish w107 and w110.

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 am

I am disappointed Hearing the new standards is not very appealing

fortheLOVE

Postby fortheLOVE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Mike, I expect you to be with us in one of the new smaller worlds after w110 is complete. =)
-enjoythefall
w110 Anarchy (Anonymous)

Kimakaze77
Lancer

Postby Kimakaze77 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 pm

But of course John. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Deinera
Lancer

Postby Deinera » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Can you play the new barb worlds from an android device?

Return to “General”