Large Scale Strategy

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
McMorris
Lancer

Large Scale Strategy

Postby McMorris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm

When I play Valor and look at the world map I always think back to playing RTS games where you can zoom the map out. This would be a great feature I think in Valor. If you could see more than a 7x9 area (iPhone 5 viewable screen size) you could plan in my mind a more strategic game plan.

For example say you were planning an attack on a player with 10 cities who was in a rival guild and they were scattered all over the place. Being able to zoom out the world map and take a look around to see how many teammates they had nearby would significantly improve your ability to plan a successful operation. You can do it with the current size screen but it takes much longer to do this as well as becomes difficult to remember where you have looked already.

I guess what I'm asking for is a bigger theater of war to up the strategic value of the map. The largest I would expand it to would be to see a whole region sized area at once.

Anyways that's my big suggestion. I hope you like it.

Any comments from anyone else?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm

McMorris wrote:When I play Valor and look at the world map I always think back to playing RTS games where you can zoom the map out. This would be a great feature I think in Valor. If you could see more than a 7x9 area (iPhone 5 viewable screen size) you could plan in my mind a more strategic game plan.

For example say you were planning an attack on a player with 10 cities who was in a rival guild and they were scattered all over the place. Being able to zoom out the world map and take a look around to see how many teammates they had nearby would significantly improve your ability to plan a successful operation. You can do it with the current size screen but it takes much longer to do this as well as becomes difficult to remember where you have looked already.

I guess what I'm asking for is a bigger theater of war to up the strategic value of the map. The largest I would expand it to would be to see a whole region sized area at once.

Anyways that's my big suggestion. I hope you like it.

Any comments from anyone else?

Zoomable maps are available in worlds after 122.

McMorris
Lancer

Postby McMorris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm

I wasn't aware of that. But then I haven't played in any new worlds since 109. How far can you zoom out?

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”