Valor 100+ cities problems

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Bbloksma
Knight

Valor 100+ cities problems

Postby Bbloksma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 am

When I return to a world Valor has forgotten the citylist. So first I have to scroll tap, to extend the list with another 10 cities and then scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap scroll tap to complete the list.
Even when the "current city" is near the end of the list I still need to extend the list before Valor can show the "current city" in the list.

So, next time I enter the world there is this nice red numer top left. Ok, so I have incomming attacks. But where? So first I extend the list by doing the scroll-tap-dance and then back up to the top and pull down the list to refresh the list. After that I expect the red numbers to show up in the list but for whatever reason they do not. Only after going to each and every city do I find the city where the incoming attacks are. Only after that do the red numbers show up in the list.

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 am

Now remember, just going to a city and waiting for everything to synchronize will take about 10 sec. So if the attack is at the 100th city it will take about 1000 sec, over 15 min, To find the city. That may not be a problem in world 61 where the unit speed is factor 1 so a scholar attack to a next door city will take at least 25 min but... In world 100 with a world factor 2 and a unit speed factor 3 everything can be over in under 5 min.
So even if I am active in the world and know about it the instant the attack is launched, I might still be too late with my defense simply Valor does not allow me to find where the attack is taking place. :-(

Playmesh, I am sorry you did not get to play long enough in W100 to experience the problems of us players in the real game. Please have at least one beta world where you start with 100 fully build cities so you can experience that part of the game.
This new multy-city-management that PawnLw talks about might be the solution, I sure hope you tested it properly because right now it is no fun to have a 100+ cities in an active world.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Try the same problem with over 1200 city's it impossible. I so wish the portal had the 10 city's a page list still available it was slow but at least possible.

Also the search function does not work with any emoji picks. So how the hell so I search for them??

Gabaranne
Lancer

Postby Gabaranne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Same, Can we Being the portal with the 10 cities Page please? Takes for ever to find cities with the new version

MAurelius
Lancer

Postby MAurelius » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 am

I have a feeling that there isn't too much sympathy for us. It was made very clear through the Lore that they want us all to shift from the old worlds to new worlds and speed worlds to "purify our souls". On these new worlds (esp speed worlds and 1k standards) there isn't enough time or cities to amass hundreds or thousands of them.

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm

The old worlds are a different play style I don't think they need lots of them but I hope its always possible to find one when your in the mood for that style of play.

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am

I really don't care for most of the new worlds. Most are coiners worlds. It's pay big or go home IMO. Some punk took one of my cities then called truce. I was so mad, but I made him reset. But look at the maps and tell me ppl are not using massive amount of coins

Return to “General”