Updates

General topics and discussion on Valor.
MAurelius
Lancer

Updates

Postby MAurelius » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 am

Every since v3.0.0 the Valor app crashes for me all the time. It gets worse with each subsequent update. It's terrible. It crashes switching between tabs in the Rally Point, when building troops, when trying to construct building, when switching between cities (swiping is the worst), and seemingly randomly. With 50+ cities, it takes nearly 24 hours to get through all of them to maintain them. That's useless. Even more useless is that it can take up to 15 minutes for attacks to show up in a city after receiving a notification. I have to cycle through all of my cities to get battle reports now. Or find the specific city and refresh the Rally Point, which can be difficult when attacking with 20+ cities.

This isn't fun. The only battling I do these days is fighting to keep the app open long enough to do...well, anything. I used buy a pretty good amount of gold each month. Not anymore. I'm not going to pay for extra features, when the basics of the app barely work. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, making sure all other apps are closed, all kinds of that basic stuff you try first. My phone has plenty of free space on it, that surely can't be the issue.

Now to make matter worse, when I tried to send a support ticket, it appears I have to sign up for some other crap just to send a ticket. No. That's nonsense.

I'm ready to just delete the app. Like I said, this just isn't fun anymore.

iPhone 4S
iOS 6.0.1 w/13.5 free GB

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 am

MAurelius wrote:Every since v3.0.0 the Valor app crashes for me all the time. It gets worse with each subsequent update. It's terrible. It crashes switching between tabs in the Rally Point, when building troops, when trying to construct building, when switching between cities (swiping is the worst), and seemingly randomly. With 50+ cities, it takes nearly 24 hours to get through all of them to maintain them. That's useless. Even more useless is that it can take up to 15 minutes for attacks to show up in a city after receiving a notification. I have to cycle through all of my cities to get battle reports now. Or find the specific city and refresh the Rally Point, which can be difficult when attacking with 20+ cities.

This isn't fun. The only battling I do these days is fighting to keep the app open long enough to do...well, anything. I used buy a pretty good amount of gold each month. Not anymore. I'm not going to pay for extra features, when the basics of the app barely work. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, making sure all other apps are closed, all kinds of that basic stuff you try first. My phone has plenty of free space on it, that surely can't be the issue.

Now to make matter worse, when I tried to send a support ticket, it appears I have to sign up for some other crap just to send a ticket. No. That's nonsense.

I'm ready to just delete the app. Like I said, this just isn't fun anymore.

iPhone 4S
iOS 6.0.1 w/13.5 free GB

Let's see here...

1) Not sure what your issue is. Your experience is uncommon, and sending in a support ticket is the right way to go about making sure we have the info to act on.

2) We've got an incoming filter that will allow people to place cities with incoming attacks at the top of the sidebar to prevent folks from having to go through and load everything up.

3) Multi-City Management has been specced and prioritized for development. It is currently being worked on by one of our engineers with a hope of having it out toward the end of this month/early next month.

3) It's the same service, we changed the name associated with it because PlayMesh is changing it's name to Quark Games.

MAurelius
Lancer

Postby MAurelius » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 am

Well, after deleting the app and reinstalling a few times, I took a suggestion from a guild mate and installed the non-HD version. Everything seems to be working fine.

However, I also reinstalled the HD app, and it still crashes.

At least I'm back on Valor.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:50 pm

MAurelius wrote:Well, after deleting the app and reinstalling a few times, I took a suggestion from a guild mate and installed the non-HD version. Everything seems to be working fine.

However, I also reinstalled the HD app, and it still crashes.

At least I'm back on Valor.

Definitely send in support tickets when you have issues like this. It allows us to try and determine issues affecting certain groups of players. It's very hard for us to resolve the issues when we cannot reproduce them on our machines in the office and we don't have information relating to affected accounts.

Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Where did the speed worlds go?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Jodamann wrote:Where did the speed worlds go?

Should still be there. They're on a 3 hour schedule right now.

Return to “General”