wifi or not to wifi

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
StuartLaws
Lancer

wifi or not to wifi

Postby StuartLaws » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:09 am

Just wondering why my wifi connection is no longer used by Valor. Mildly frustrating as the network connection at home is fairly naff and keeps dropping.

I've tried most things to resolve myself and identified the problem by switching on airplane mode and then only enabling wifi connections, Valor then reported that it was unable to connect - as everything else worked without issue or problem...

Before the last update it seemed fine...

Thoughts & comments?

Forkrow
Lancer

Postby Forkrow » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 am

Try disconnecting the main plug from the modem for a max of 20 seconds and reconnect. Then reboot your ipod and try.

Hope that helps ^ (happens to me sometimes)

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:16 am

StuartLaws - this sounds like it is a local issue. If you can connect to Valor correctly via the cell network but not via wifi, this shows that you are possibly behind a firewall or there is a local problem with your wifi network which is blocking the connection. I say this because i havent heard of anyone else having trouble connecting via wifi.

Given that this is likely a problem with either your router or internet connection it is almost impossible for PlayMesh to be able to assist you. You should check with your network administrator to try and correct the problem.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Akilies
Knight

Postby Akilies » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 pm

I agree with Mr. O, I work with computers and networks and this does sound like it is your wireless router. If it is not a problem then try setting everything on the router to factory defaults and make sure to reset your passwords so that they are not the default passwords from the manufacturer. Just some tips to make sure your network is secure cause it is possible that someone can get into your wireless router and change some settings.

StuartLaws
Lancer

Postby StuartLaws » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the comments but as a seasoned IT bod myself I've already tried all the above but still no joy until I updated Valor this morning, since then I've not had any issues...

Return to “Questions”