World maps

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Remy3000
Lancer

World maps

Postby Remy3000 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:01 am

I would like to see the map become a little more sophisticated. Instead of a puddle here and a clump of trees there to represent terrain, add more mountains, valleys, rivers, bridges, lakes, and large forests. Make it a little more like the map in the game intro.

This could also add strategy to the game. Terrain can make it difficult or easy to attack certain cities. When we conquer an easy target, then we become the easy target. Same thing if we go through the trouble of attacking a city protected by mountains or other difficult to maneuver terrain. As players we could be in charge of deciding what route to take to approach a city when attacking. A direct, but mountainous approach could cost us some men or horses, but a roundabout approach could take more time and give our enemy more time to prepare, but cost us less men and save their energy for battle.

So much game strategy relies on guild cooperation, I like the idea of more individual strategy since sometime members of a guild are just inactives taking up space.

Killerxx777
Guardian

Postby Killerxx777 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 am

Good idea!

person47
Lancer

Postby person47 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:40 am

That sounds like it would be really cool.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:54 am

I kinda like that idea as terrain is a big factor in battle even today. However playmesh would have to totally rework the strategy and add a lot of changes to the already balenced system. That is something that they would have to work out, and they might even have to start from scratch. Also it might be too big for the server to handle especially the map. This is an excellent suggestion I would support it if playmesh could work everything out :)

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”