Unreliable Server Team

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Mioki
Lancer

Unreliable Server Team

Postby Mioki » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:54 am

Apparently you found the problem but yet you are slower than snails at getting it fixed. So, the issue is more than just hardware.

Your updates are horrible too. Just continually saying our server team is working hard on the issue. Really? If the issue is hardware that you should have an idea when that hardware is going to be fixed/replaced and should be able to inform your customers roughly when the hardware will be fixed and then roughly how long it will take to test. You do have an idea but just want to leave your customers hanging.

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Mioki wrote:Apparently you found the problem but yet you are slower than snails at getting it fixed. So, the issue is more than just hardware.

Your updates are horrible too. Just continually saying our server team is working hard on the issue. Really? If the issue is hardware that you should have an idea when that hardware is going to be fixed/replaced and should be able to inform your customers roughly when the hardware will be fixed and then roughly how long it will take to test. You do have an idea but just want to leave your customers hanging.

Regardless of the fact what the issue is the lack of competent support and news release is astonishing. Even if they manage to restore nobody can tell how many active but already disappointed guild members will continue to play. Sad story, really!

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 pm

My 2 dimes to their silence - I advise you guys to secure your funds before the next "we're working without ETA on the issue" announcement.

LordMarbelly
Lancer

Postby LordMarbelly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm

What I found interesting was the mention of their "colocation site in North Carolina". Aren't "colocation" sites usually the 2nd or backup site? If so, what happened to their primary site? And if not, didn't the last outage on Amazon's servers teach them anything?

If I were management, heads would roll! And if I were on the hardware side, I would be looking for another job...

CrUsHyOu
Lancer

Postby CrUsHyOu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Lol never seen so many whiners in my life. You guys realize you are complaining about a free service. Whether or not we deserve an explanation they do not owe any of us anything. If you chose to Spend money on something that is free that's a personal choice

Now yes I agree we should have better explanations, but do you really expect to get one by trash talking them? Just have some patience and enjoy life without having to check your cities while you can lol

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm

For anyone who might not have seen this, we've been giving updates regarding the previous downtime here. We do our best to make sure you know what's going on, but if it seems that we're being a bit tight-lipped, it is due to our desire to convey information as accurately as possible.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Greenthorne wrote:For anyone who might not have seen this, we've been giving updates regarding the previous downtime here. We do our best to make sure you know what's going on, but if it seems that we're being a bit tight-lipped, it is due to our desire to convey information as accurately as possible.

Who are you? Where's Orlor?!? I can't survive w/out Orlor!!

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm the new community manager here, so it'll be my primary role to be here for all of you (in various capacities). Orlor will be stil be around, but he'll be helping out more from behind the scenes. While being on the forums, he doubled down as Lord of Support, managing the flow of tickets coming in while doing everything else. With me around, he'll be able to get back to his first true love and make sure you all receive the support you deserve! This is part of our ongoing commitment to all of you to continue and further expand the service level we're providing.

I talk to him on a daily basis, and he's about 30 feet away from me, so he definitely won't be a stranger around these parts.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions at all.
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Greenthorne wrote:I'm the new community manager here, so it'll be my primary role to be here for all of you (in various capacities). Orlor will be stil be around, but he'll be helping out more from behind the scenes. While being on the forums, he doubled down as Lord of Support, managing the flow of tickets coming in while doing everything else. With me around, he'll be able to get back to his first true love and make sure you all receive the support you deserve! This is part of our ongoing commitment to all of you to continue and further expand the service level we're providing.

I talk to him on a daily basis, and he's about 30 feet away from me, so he definitely won't be a stranger around these parts.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions at all.

Welcome on board! Make a note: I whine the most so careful with me ;)

Return to “General”