Stop teasing us

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:08 am

mclueppers2 wrote:Great to know. I spent the last 11+ years being support for major hardware and software vendors so guess what? I was on the opposite side and every time I got a problematic customer I tried to understand his needs at first place. Quark didn't try at all to come back to me and address any issue. They still keep silence. Soon Orlor will be back in the office and he'll present us with the next paraphrased "we're still working, no ETA" message.

I am sure half of what you say is BS, and it is easy to be false in forums. If you remember when GoDaddy went down, their answers were "NO ETA". It is better to state there is no ETA when.... they don't know an ETA, then say 24hrs, etc... and be wrong. If you truly worked for IT you would understand this, and know if a customer or your boss asked for an ETA and you just guessed and were wrong, it could cost you a lot of angry people and possibly your job. If Quark gave you an ETA you may be satisfied for the time being. Then when that deadline passes and they were wrong, I am sure you would sh*t a bigger brick then the one already halfway up your.... you get it.

Law
Knight

Postby Law » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 am

There are some people on here with some serious delusions about the cash flow and profitability of a company this size. Hypothetically, say there are 10,000 CONSISTENT players every month. And each spends an average of $100. Both those numbers are high btw. That is a GROSS of only $1 million a month. Deduct the fees collected by apple for in app purchases and its significantly less than that. They had to build an original infrastructure before dime 1 came in so there's money to pay back, monthly data use fees, storage data for 10s of thousands of abandoned cities, emails, etc in the legacy worlds and the storage/use fees for current worlds. Probably could have saved serious money by simply turning off all the legacy worlds but they didn't. Then you have office leases, general business costs, etc. Given that the numbers above are way high, they aren't going to have the resources you people think they should.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 am

TO Quark:
Thinking about GoDaddy being down reminded me of when the Amazon servers went down in Carolina last time affecting Valor and my own companies website. We moved all our servers to the Oregon location, and also have a duplicate running in Carolina. Just a thought of you creating backup servers in different locations if you are still using Amazon (I am sure you are). It is nice to have that set up where if one location goes down, that backup is ready. Thanks and hope my thoughts help you as it helped our company after the last Amazon disaster.

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am

Law: I'd suggest to make the game paid only. This way you can save Quark from bankruptcy.

Greyhigh: impossible. Law just explained you why.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

mclueppers2 wrote:Law: I'd suggest to make the game paid only. This way you can save Quark from bankruptcy.

Greyhigh: impossible. Law just explained you why.

Mcluepper - this entire back and forth with you reminds me of conversations with a clueless kid. One frame of reference and no clue about the bigger picture.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

LordFirefall wrote:While I don't work for Quark, I've been in positions for 25+ years, where I've had to deal with people making demands, that if they were on the other side of the equation, would seem quite unreasonable. Also, as others have pointed out, you've done nothing but whine in most of your posts.

And no, Lions and GuildMasters do not receive "in-game extras". We do a lot of this because we love the game and want to support the overall community.

Just curious, do you guys that have the special badge make any suggestions/contributions to valor's direction?
Started - Urban decay W14
Current - Ominous W504

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Kingaddis wrote:
Just curious, do you guys that have the special badge make any suggestions/contributions to valor's direction?

GuildMasters and Lions do, yes.

Kalm

Postby Kalm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

No king, a group of us got it through various ways and as far I know know none of the Lions work for Quark - even if in firefalls case you could be forgiven for thinking so lol

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm glad you just brought that up kalm, I was just about to rip fire a new one!

Old worlds or prob quit
Miss farming ppl and having them cry

New worlds = no farming and all about how much gold u spend. And before any of you say you can farm in new worlds- For a day and city disappears and by that time all barbs are capped and ur saying sh*t I need res booster.
It's for gold users

Old is for players that grind to victory
The ONLY thing that has stopped me to actually quit is kakao.
But if I find a game tonight that is remotely close to valor, that's it for me. And that's from 180-200 other players too.
Well done quark! Give yourselves a clap, you truly ****ed up this time! Money got to your brains instead of thinking about the product and what the REAL valor players wanted.
Will I be gone? Most of you will hope, we will see.
Started - Urban decay W14

Current - Ominous W504

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Kingaddis wrote:I'm glad you just brought that up kalm, I was just about to rip fire a new one!

Old worlds or prob quit
Miss farming ppl and having them cry

New worlds = no farming and all about how much gold u spend. And before any of you say you can farm in new worlds- For a day and city disappears and by that time all barbs are capped and ur saying sh*t I need res booster.
It's for gold users

Old is for players that grind to victory
The ONLY thing that has stopped me to actually quit is kakao.
But if I find a game tonight that is remotely close to valor, that's it for me. And that's from 180-200 other players too.
Well done quark! Give yourselves a clap, you truly ****ed up this time! Money got to your brains instead of thinking about the product and what the REAL valor players wanted.
Will I be gone? Most of you will hope, we will see.

We make suggestions to Quark - they take some and others they don't. As far as ripping in to me... Oh the horror... To have someone attempt to rip into me via the Internet. How will I survive?

Return to “General”