A Bone for Players - Gold for Resources

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Asplundh
Knight

A Bone for Players - Gold for Resources

Postby Asplundh » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 pm

No one likes being nickeled and dimed to death. Suggestion: allow players to "sell" resources in the Market - 1000 Wood gets 25 gold, 1000 Clay gets 35 gold, 1000 Iron gets 45 gold. Limit resource sales to three (3) per day. No player will get rich doing this, but it will help take the sting out of buying gold (but it won't eliminate the periodic necessity to buy gold from time to time).

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Once you own a high amount of cities resources are a non-issue.

As much as I would like some of the paying features to become standard, buying gold from resources really isn't fair to the company nor players purchasing gold with money.

Drounli
Lancer

Postby Drounli » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 pm

I have played games where you can race to a form of game currency like gold, Crystals etc and it certainly does not stop people from paying for Resources. OF course you don't rain gold in showers, but a few odd falls here and there would be nice. May actually encourage players to put more time in online in the hope of collecting.
Of course how the gold is collected or defended would also be an interesting facet to add to the game. I seriously doubt it would affect the company’s income from the game, except to probably increase it by encouraging less well off players to spend time collecting gold, where others would simply purchase it.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

I love this suggestion but I think that the hold you get from the resources should be way less like 5 gold per 100000 resources lol this way their will still be a demand for the gold but we all get some benefits and the playing feild will be leveled again :)

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

We are currently looking into a few different ways players could get some gold without purchasing it.

Please keep the ideas like these coming!

CoreyU2
Lancer

Postby CoreyU2 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:23 am

I think they should put a slot on the fortune wheel for gold

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 am

I'd settle for a fortune wheel that scales prizes according to your net worth. 2k of a resource is valuable when you are starting out; not so much when your smallest city is 15k+ in size.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”