What does

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Bib123
Lancer

Postby Bib123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 am

It's a good tactic I guess.. But he's laughing at me behind a wall basically.. He had 2 40k villages and no defence so we attacked and next min it's chaos for 2 months.. Gzzz in other RPG,s you have to defend.. It's basic for any guild

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 am

I disagree that it is a good tactic. It's an effective tactic based around what I would call an unintended consequence of an artificial programming limit. A 'loophole' if you will.

I do agree though that it should not be.

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:50 am

The limit was at 40 because in earlier worlds when chaos was discovered you sent so many attacks that it overwhelmed the defenders inbox causing them to repetitively crash completely unable to play that world again. By limitingnattacks to 40 it meant that the attacks could be handled by the device and not destroy the gameplay for lots of users. The limit is now used as a defensive measure not offensive.

I used chaos for taking cities as it allows me a clean take over so neighbors can't send attacks and snipe a city

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 am

Ah, as I surmised then. Should be fixable through a different display design then. As with mails, a simple p****r that limits the display to, say, 10 attacks per screen. This should keep the device from crashing as well as keep the spam from being overwhelming. One could then cycle through their pages of attacks to determine what is valid and what is a fake. And the limit could be removed. *fingers crossed*

LSO
Lancer

Postby LSO » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:11 am

Orlor, not sure if you are still reading this, but if you are here is a partial solution:

If chaos is detected then have the server do a clean up where non-scholar waves from the same city launched within X min of each other get combined into a single wave.

Yes, chaos would still be possible, but it would no longer be convenient to do..

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 am

Oh I am still reading. I read every post on the forums.

The combination idea is an interesting one. That and having some sort of minimum troop amount per wave (percent of total forces) is another great idea I've seen regarding this. Keep these ideas for tweaking the Chaos feature coming as they do help us to narrow down ones internally.

Return to “Questions”