Barb Shaping

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Nutterboy
Knight

Barb Shaping

Postby Nutterboy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:21 am

I have only seen one farming Guide and it is only an early guide for a starter. Later game such as world 27 which I am mainly playing is a great example of the time to start Barbarian village shaping. All over the world Barbarian cities (herein referred to as Barbs) are hitting 10K points so people if they are taking a new city unless a barb has less than 10K points they won't touch it. Barb shaping is where you destroy all the buildings that are unnecessary to resource production. Ie HQ barracks Stable Workshop Forge Market Wall Rallypoint basically anything except the 3 resource structures the farm and warehouse. The idea of this is to do a number of things 1 the city will get to a max of 16k points or so with most of these maxed and 2 people wont be as interested in low point cities.

Barbs grow randomly and defy the rules of possibility by ignoring warehouse limits and time constraints. By scouting a barb you can check your local cities for a possible farm you can make. In your scout you should aim for a city with roughly lvl 12-15 in each resource and everything else doesn't matter then assemble your army of ltroops with a fair amount of ballistas ( the more you send the faster they finish) then hit the city taking out the aforementioned unneeded buildings until they are all 1's or 0's. This will result in a low pointed city that is producing reasonable resources. People will overlook these cities when planning their conquests and you will be able to reap the benefits of all the resources :)

Hope the guide was helpful and made sense ;)

~Nutter

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:09 am

An excellent post there sir. Thanks for contributing.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:55 am

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:04 am

So barbs actually grow? To how much or what extent?

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 pm

They all tend to grow to about 10K then stop. The only issue is the buildings that grow are randomized so you might end up with a lvl 30 HQ and lvl 6 res pits.

The idea of Barb Shaping is to maximized you farming opportunities. Even a 10K barb can be making 3K res an hour of each. That means you can regularly farm the city and get much needed extra resources

OckhamsRazor
Lancer

Postby OckhamsRazor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 am

Nutterboy, outstanding post, man.

This is the kind of thing us new players need to see. Keep on posting em! :)

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Lol spam knights at 'em! However, other than farming, I think knights are practically useless, especially in the worlds when you only have 10 research points... Same with ballistas. Can someone enlighten me?

Fischer49
Lancer

Postby Fischer49 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Wouldn't someone wan to attack you though? Say they scouted your city and saw you had absolutely no defense, but that you were pumping out resources.....to me I'd raid the heck outta it.

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:18 pm

If you want to start a guild war... go for it. :)

Return to “Strategy”